Anyone use 2 devices ?

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I am currently using an iPhone 5s and a Galaxy S7E. Traded in an iPhone 6 for the edge. It always baffles me of the idiots that argue back and forth which one is better. Normally I would have ordered an iPhone 7 by now. After over a decade of smartphones they just don't do it for me anymore. Might even be done with "premium" phones for now. Maybe Motorola or OnePlus in the future. Paying $800 for a phone nowadays just seems stupid not that the tech has matured.

Yup. It's not as impressive of an upgrade now as it would have been when the first iPhone came out. The iPhone 6s vs the iPhone 7 difference isn't worth it if you're paying that kind of price. You're paying 100% of the price, for a 5% upgrade in value. Skip a generation or two, then you'll see better results; longer battery, major jump in camera quality, speed, etc.

For the "Jet Black", I went into the Apple Store and it's nothing impressive. The front glass and the rear of the phone feels the same now. When I look at the jet black, It reminds me of my Anker battery pack. Black, shiny, fingerprint magnet, scratches easily. If you put a case on it, covering the back of the phone, does it matter if it's silver or black? shiny or matte?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-26800m...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5431494

I convinced some people to stick with their iPhone 6/6s. They both can get the iOS10 update, use basically the same features. One person wanted the jet black, but is always clumsy and their phone is always in an Otterbox. I ask what does it matter what the phone color is, if it's constantly being covered?

I have the S7 Edge as my main, and iPhone 6s as my backup. I can just use the same SIM on either one.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I took a chance and bought S7 Edge dual sim from a foreign importer just so that I could condense two phones into one - now its all working its the best decision I ever made - 'I love my 'phone' having only just moved into the 21st century with a smart phone and as a low user of social media I never thought I'd say that.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This might not be the right thread but since most ppl I've read on here carry both Apple and Android phones I figured I could vent to you all for a second if you don't mind. Plus yall will have better insight on the subject.

A young woman at work who is a pure apple fan (I'm talking like the stereotypical apple fan) if it isn't made by Apple she won't buy or even look at it. So we were discussing the iPhone 7 hissing phenomenon and the galaxy note 7 fires, just general conversation and then she said loves only iPhone's because their sleek, and run smooth and look cool....... I said yeah ios is a smoother operating system because of apples pure control over it. But Android has definitely got better. I also explained many of the features she loves on her iPhone were on Android phones a couple yrs or more before the iPhone. She just kindve brushed me off from that statement.

So then we get on appearance, she says iPhone's are so sleek and look good and made with good quality while on the other hand, Samsung phones are bulky and made cheaply. I said um have you even seen the latest Samsung phones? She said no cuz I only pay attention to iPhone's. So I take my s7 edge out the mophie case and compare it to her iPhone 6 and of course the edge is thinner and more sleek, modern and beautiful. You know what she says? Oh yeah the new Samsung's are more nice then before but they look like iPhone's. Look at the curve on the s7 edge and the bottom and top metal looks just like an iPhone! I just smiled and said um.... I don't think these phones look anything alike other then you can say the speaker grill but then that even looks different. Finally I just gave up and walked away.

Is this really how some ppl think? Apple or nothing and anything not made by Apple is irrelevant or less then?

Last edited:

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
It's called Cognitive Dissonance. The person only believe what they've been told for such a long time. Even if evidence is put in front of them and can be proved, they will find ways to deny it, even to dismiss the topic.

For the layman, it's called Denial.

You better believe the Earth is the center of the universe, or you'll go to prison!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
This might not be the right thread but since most ppl I've read on here carry both Apple and Android phones I figured I could vent to you all for a second if you don't mind. Plus yall will have better insight on the subject.

A young woman at work who is a pure apple fan (I'm talking like the stereotypical apple fan) if it isn't made by Apple she won't buy or even look at it. So we were discussing the iPhone 7 hissing phenomenon and the galaxy note 7 fires, just general conversation and then she said loves only iPhone's because their sleek, and run smooth and look cool....... I said yeah ios is a smoother operating system because of apples pure control over it. But Android has definitely got better. I also explained many of the features she loves on her iPhone were on Android phones a couple yrs or more before the iPhone. She just kindve brushed me off from that statement.

So then we get on appearance, she says iPhone's are so sleek and look good and made with good quality while on the other hand, Samsung phones are bulky and made cheaply. I said um have you even seen the latest Samsung phones? She said no cuz I only pay attention to iPhone's. So I take my s7 edge out the mophie case and compare it to her iPhone 6 and of course the edge is thinner and more sleek, modern and beautiful. You know what she says? Oh yeah the new Samsung's are more nice then before but they look like iPhone's. Look at the curve on the s7 edge and the bottom and top metal looks just like an iPhone! I just smiled and said um.... I don't think these phones look anything alike other then you can say the speaker grill but then that even looks different. Finally I just gave up and walked away.

Is this really how some ppl think? Apple or nothing and anything not made by Apple is irrelevant or less then?
Yeah. Samsung made a joke of Apple on this a couple of years back when they started implementing NFC. Two Samsung guys were talking about playlists, the Apple guy was looking at them, then the Sammies say, sure send me your playlists, and they touched the phone backs and thanks,and the Apple guy was like, WTF did they just do?

These people live in a bubble. The type of people who forget how the world works. Haha. But hey, it's their own choice anyway

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's called Cognitive Dissonance. The person only believe what they've been told for such a long time. Even if evidence is put in front of them and can be proved, they will find ways to deny it, even to dismiss the topic.

For the layman, it's called Denial.

You better believe the Earth is the center of the universe, or you'll go to prison!

So true!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Samsung made a joke of Apple on this a couple of years back when they started implementing NFC. Two Samsung guys were talking about playlists, the Apple guy was looking at them, then the Sammies say, sure send me your playlists, and they touched the phone backs and thanks,and the Apple guy was like, WTF did they just do?

These people live in a bubble. The type of people who forget how the world works. Haha. But hey, it's their own choice anyway

Oh yeah I remember that commercial! Lol I believe it was for the Galaxy S3.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Even if someone gifted me the latest apple iPhone I wouldn't use it. I won't have Apple items in the house. Their whole marketing model annoys the living daylights out of me i.e. "Get the customer tied into apple and they stay tied in Apple as we won't make our goods compatible with anything else". I've seen people tied to Apple. Not able to use their music elsewhere as its all on iTunes etc. At least with Android anything I have on my Windows PC's I can use on any Android mobile and usually vice versa. Mind you I only encountered Android at around gingerbread level on my first tablet and recall the total confusion that came with the realisation that not everything worked like Windows XP LOL Since then its got a lot better and I'm getting on really well with Android 6.0.1 - the only thing I still wish Android could do is to make files and folders easier to manipulate - something that is a doddle with Windows.

I love my Samsung Edge S7 and wouldn't swap it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Yes, that's exactly why the concept of Cult or the iSheep began, and to tell you the truth, even when some people get offended by this, they act exactly like that. When you have people that blindly follow something, called religion, leader or a thing that's called a Cult, have you seen a sheep following a Sheppard? That's basically the same concept. So now, does this looks familiar with the Blind Apple followers, the ones that if it don't have an Apple logo on the back doesn't buy anything? To tell you the truth, yes, indeed.

I'm an IT manager, I travel with my boss 1 or 2 times a year, last year, when I had the Note 5, just released, we went to a Braves game in Atlanta, in there I began recording 4K videos, taking pictures everywhere and simply using the whole Note features, he was all the game looking at my videos and my pictures after I took all of them, he was taking photos with his iPhone 6 Plus or 6S plus ( I don't remember if it was the latest one) and then deleting them saying, S**t, it seems I can't take a good picture today, bla bla bla, he also asked me for the phone so he could try it, he told me, it looks great, the screen is amazing, it's light, thin and incredible small for a 5.7" screen, smaller than his phone. Then some ladies in the row behind seems they were looking above my shoulders for my pictures and they asked me which phone I had and I said the Note 5, and they simply said, oh I thought that it was an iPhone, those pictures look great. So my boss simply gave up and told me, send me those pictures later I won't keep trying, and I said to him, hey, there is still an offer for you to buy one of this as it was just released and the Carriers are giving promos and everything to what he just said, no thanks, it's not an iPhone.

So, as you can see, yes, there are some people that have an open mind, and can use both platforms and appreciate both of them, also there are others that can't decide between them and use both at the same time, but the huge majority that buys iPhones are just that, people that wants to be cool or the ones that some people call Apple's Cult or the iSheeps.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's just mind blowing. As much of an android fan as I am, I do acknowledge and give apple products props when it's due. Although they are not for me, I'm actually planning to buy my daughter an iPhone for her 13th birthday because she wants it (her reason for wanting one was because it's cool, her friends have them and they have the cutest cases) lol.

It's crazy in your situation though, it seems ppl have these weird preconceived notions! Those ladies behind you were so impressed until they found out it wasn't an iPhone, and your boss though impressed scoffed at the thought of buying a non iPhone. Oh well, to each it's own.

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
They equate it with branding. It's basically "I can't be seen with that. I need to wear or drive this brand to look cool, to be accepted."

Those are conformers.

I know he's your boss, but the best thing you can do is not to share or send him the pictures. He's going to just try to steal credit from you and Samsung and claim that he took it with the iPhone. If he's not willing to admit to switch to Samsung, do you think he'll give proper credit?

Last edited:

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 lines. I use my S7E on my main line and the Note 5 on my second line. I always get a new Samsung phone every year. But, I want to get the iPhone 7 Plus as my multimedia device but can't find one anywhere. :(

You probably already know about this link to reserve & not sure of your location. So may need to be tweaked appropriately.
https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1&iPP=U
From what I have read, inventory posted changes hourly right now.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge in the UK and as far as I am aware, it is dual sim. You can either add a second sim card or a micro sd card. Not both.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Andyvalver, I've got the dual SIM version, so far I haven't needed any additional storage capacity beyond the internal capacity and have mine just fitted with the two sim cards. It's a shame that it is not easy to add in the extra storage, but I have not got the guts to chop and change my SIM chip onto a micro SD in the way those videos show - they are all over Youtube though, but I think its a brave person that does it.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You probably already know about this link to reserve & not sure of your location. So may need to be tweaked appropriately.
https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1&iPP=U
From what I have read, inventory posted changes hourly right now.
Yes I do. It's different in Canada because we can only reserve and buy in full price. Even with that by the time I check for an. IPhone 7 Plus and try to add to call cart it's already sold out. I've been checking for the past week. Hopefully I can snag one soon.
Thanks for your help. :)

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
i have an S7E, Nexus 6P and iPhone 6S+

I switch between them when the mood strikes. Like many here I'm not a fan boy of anything. I like all of these phones, right now on the iOS10 kick.