Edge 7 Issue with adding Exchange account - "e-mail address is already in use"

rhysmanning

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge). I have also started with a new company. As such i have a new domain/exchange account. I have attempted to add this exchange account to my phone (Checking incoming server settings - OK), the account authenticates (Retrieving account information - OK) and add's ok however the folders will not sync and i am unable to send e-mails. I have x2 other accounts configured on the device, x1 office 365 personal e-mail, works fine and x1 personal pop3 account which also works fine. I have removed and deleted the account, same issue. A colleague on the same domain has added their account to my device, works fine, removed all accounts. wiped cache, even wiped the device and started fresh, still same issue. We have checked the MS exchange account, all settings are perfectly fine and also is identical to that of my my colleague who can add their domain account to my device fine. There is no issue with the domain account, exchange account, device, credentials, account locout status, latest firmware on device, everything up to date, less than a week old running Android 6.0.1.
When i add the account in it says's the "e-mail address is already in use" I cannot find anywhere on my google account to authenticate/de-authenticate an account incase the new domain account is cached somewhere, can someone assist please? as such i have not been able to find any support articles or anyone else who is experiencing similar issues. It has to be an issue with Google...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check with the server host - it's their email server. (It's possible that creating the site created an email account with the same name - try adding it to the phone as an existing account - that may also work.)