New S7 Edge owner after returning Note 7 today

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It is really nice seeing everyone here from the N7 forum and I am sure we will see more of us as the days go on.

I should have my eBay S7 Edge on Saturday. I am sure going to miss my N7 but I look forward to the next Note release, or what ever they decide to call it.

We definitely are a unique group, as we were the relatively small group of people who got to experience this awesome phone and then went through two emotional and irritating recalls, only to lose our beloved Note 7s while the world watched. We are actually part of history.

So Samsung ... Get your head out of your you know what and make sure you don't screw it up again. Most of us are willing to give you another chance and we look forward to your next best Note.

Well said! I feel the same way! I miss my N7 already. The main reason I got it is because it was well, a Note, with an S-Pen and it helped me with productivity. I know people would maybe say it was the least used feature, but it was the top reason I had it. BB was nice to me today and gave me a generic stylus for free so all I have to do is just not lose it, but it sure as heck lacks the precision writing capability. I just modified one of my to-do lists on Evernote and it gets the job done, just nowhere near as precisely, but at least it gets in the general target range. I mean, it does work. But I have to mind where I put the stylus now which is one more thing to keep track of-seems minor but so is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back too LOL. But what the heck-I'm adapting already just 3 hours after getting home with what is now my permanent phone!
But alas-as you said skatergirl--here we are. I figured I'd be seeing more of the N7 users migrating here, and we may as well enjoy what the S7E has to offer-minus the S-Pen, much of it the same. One reason I went with it was because I found I do like the Edge feature among other things.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
It is really nice seeing everyone here from the N7 forum and I am sure we will see more of us as the days go on.

I should have my eBay S7 Edge on Saturday. I am sure going to miss my N7 but I look forward to the next Note release, or what ever they decide to call it.

We definitely are a unique group, as we were the relatively small group of people who got to experience this awesome phone and then went through two emotional and irritating recalls, only to lose our beloved Note 7s while the world watched. We are actually part of history.

So Samsung ... Get your head out of your you know what and make sure you don't screw it up again. Most of us are willing to give you another chance and we look forward to your next best Note.

The s7 edge was the only option. The n7 was my first samsung phone and in all honesty i love the amoled curved screen.

Every other phone has those bezels and after being with and edge phone, i don't think i could go back to normal.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The s7 edge was the only option. The n7 was my first samsung phone and in all honesty i love the amoled curved screen.

Every other phone has those bezels and after being with and edge phone, i don't think i could go back to normal.

The curves are where it is for me now as well.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yet another Note 7 transplant. While I would rather have the Note 7, the S7 edge is a very good phone and so far I'm happy with it. I am going to look on Amazon to see if there is a case work a stylus holder, which would solve the missing spen problem. I have the same S Note app so I'm good to go. I really miss the blue but I'm liking the silver.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the s7 edge black. Suppose to ship Friday. Silver is out of stock. I think there is going to be a huge run on the s7 since it's the closest to the note 7.

It was between the s7 and iPhone 7 plus. Just couldn't justify spending $200 contract price more for it, and I feel more at home with Samsung....but Samsung better get their you know what together after this n7 fiasco.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I also switched from note 7 to s7 edge due to fiasco. I have a question about s view case for s7 edge, when case is closed it doesn't show anything in the window like it did on note 7 s view case. The display I am referring to is black background, shows time, date, icons of notifications constantly. Is this by design or am I missing something on s7 edge? Please help. Thanks

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Headed to Tmo to swap this Note 7 for the Edge 7.

Again to the original Edge owners, please forgive this invasion. Also be prepared to deal with our S-Pen withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks to the Gear VR, Gear Watch, Amoled screens and form factor is size, I remain a Samsung customer.

What will be the features of the Edge 7 that will surprise me the most?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Headed to Tmo to swap this Note 7 for the Edge 7.

Again to the original Edge owners, please forgive this invasion. Also be prepared to deal with our S-Pen withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks to the Gear VR, Gear Watch, Amoled screens and form factor is size, I remain a Samsung customer.

What will be the features of the Edge 7 that will surprise me the most?
Every feature on the edge was on the note 7. In fact you will experience less with the s7 edge. Especially the weak always on display options and no grace ux design.

KRR1979

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I am out of contract and bought my n7 outright and verizon will return it. Now I want to buy an S7e from ebay bc verizon wants to charge me 200 more than a new one off ebay. New to this....never bought a phone not from a big box...

1. can i use my n7 sim card in an s7e
2. do you see any other issues I may encounter.

Reading this thread has helped me as I am in love with all things Note and am tempted to buy a note 4 used bc I want the expandable memory but not thinking s7edge...thoughts? I had a note 4 before all of this. thanks!

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I have plans to join the party, please wait for me!! Only thing I am waiting on is to see if Carphone Warehouse will be offering any deals. Apparently there was a Free Gear VR to be had, but that offer ended October 5th. And their current 24 Month Contract Plans are still at Premium Prices. I was told there would be Deals on November 25th Black Friday, but by then we are even closer to Feb/Mar 2017 for the S8. Would hate to be on a locked in contract paying top dollar per month for an "old tech" phone.

Arrrgghh this is madness!!

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am out of contract and bought my n7 outright and verizon will return it. Now I want to buy an S7e from ebay bc verizon wants to charge me 200 more than a new one off ebay. New to this....never bought a phone not from a big box...

1. can i use my n7 sim card in an s7e
2. do you see any other issues I may encounter.

Reading this thread has helped me as I am in love with all things Note and am tempted to buy a note 4 used bc I want the expandable memory but not thinking s7edge...thoughts? I had a note 4 before all of this. thanks!

I am still using my Note 4 after 2 years. Wanted the Note 7, but will now probably go for the S7E. Exactly though, do we really NEED the S7E? I actually love the look of the curved screen. And the Camera is better than my Note 4. Decisions, decisions…

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here, turned my second Note 7 in to Sprint. Ironically, I still have a fully boxed Note 7 sitting in its shipping box waiting for a RMA from Sprint. I never opened it since I went and picked up my replacement from a corporate store. I got the S7Edge and I'm adjusting well. I love the battery life, it is very similar to the first Note 7 I had. I'll sit tight until next summer when the Note 8 is released, hopefully Samsung won't kill the entire Note line after this latest fiasco.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I was asked today, "is that the exploding phone" I said no this is the s7 edge, but I had that phone that has been catching fire. Then they proceeded to tell me they have a buddy in TX who had a note 7 that caught fire within 3 minutes of being in the center console of his car and now his center console is all messed up. I suppose we'll all be having these "chance" encounters for the next few months.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just swapped my Note 7 for S7E today....I loved my N7 but glad ordeal is behind me. So far I think I'll get used to the form factor. I also submitted for the SD Card promotion and just used purchase date of 10/9 and included receipt (which shows 10/11). Worst case it gets rejected....best case it slips through :)

UPDATE: So the SD Card that I submitted for has been approved even though the receipt showed I exchanged N7 for S7E after promotional end date. So through the N7 fiasco I was able to take advantage of 3 promo gifts, plus Samsung Pay credits 3x.

1. SD Card for original recalled N7
2. Gear VR for replacement N7
3. SD Card for exchanged S7E

Samsung Check Status.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89