Samsung pay thread part II

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Pay just does not work for me. The last time it worked correctly was at a Walgreen's. It's failed to work in the past week at both Whole Foods and Dunkin Doughnuts so I'll probably no longer even try since I feel like an ***** standing there waving my phone at a register, holding up lines. It was a much smoother experience with my iPhone, but that can be said for most things.

Edit: Wow, ID10T is a censored word?

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Pay just does not work for me. The last time it worked correctly was at a Walgreen's. It's failed to work in the past week at both Whole Foods and Dunkin Doughnuts so I'll probably no longer even try since I feel like an ***** standing there waving my phone at a register, holding up lines. It was a much smoother experience with my iPhone, but that can be said for most things.

Edit: Wow, ID10T is a censored word?
I have had it work well at Whole Foods, but never tried it at Dunkin Donuts. I wonder if it is a problem with the store?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Those that it didn't work, did you try it without the case on, and make sure to wait until the cashier had register ready for the transaction? Also on some terminals, like the Walmart ones by me, I have to hold it near the bottom half of where the card would slide. Others you have to to hold towards the top. Some you may need to hover near the Tap n Pay symbol of they have one. Also, some terminals work as debit, some as credit. When a terminal asks for the last 4 digits it should be last 4 on the card .

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
We should start posting stores it works at so everyone's aware, along with state. Funny thing: on Starbucks terminals, I've had issues with my phone working, but the Gear S2 watch works great there. Some terminals are touchy

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It works at foot locker, Walmart, and Walgreens for me so far. Also works at a generic little grocery store by my house. Does not work at Starbucks or subway for me.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had it work at Subway, Lowes, a little video store (old side monitor terminal), a small square reader on a tablet, both major chain grocers, my motorcycle sales store :)

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had it work for me at some places, and then on other visits to those same places, it didn't work. For me, in NJ, I've had it work at Saladworks, Wawa, Wendy's, Smash burger, Olive Garden, Apple Bees, best buy, cvs, walgreens, a local diner, a few clothing stores, and a few other places I can't remember off the top of my head. I've also had it not work at the same smash burger just a couple of days ago. I mentioned in a previous post that it didn't work at a Converse store, when few minutes prior it did work at another store.

Overall, the usage it great, and very convenient, but it does get a little annoying when it absolutely doesn't work or takes a few attempts to get it to work .

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I moved most of my rewards cards onto the Samsung Pay. Today at giant eagle it was neat-I just held my phone over the thing that they scan food with, and it worked. Then I paid with the phone on their somewhat older terminal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member