10-28-2016 09:51 PM
41 12
tools
    I was just thinking...... I've been with Samsung for a long time, and plan to stay put. I love the phones I've had from them, and I love my S7E. I was SOOOO happy I didn't go back to the Note 7 when the second recall came. But I'm also thinking that I won't be jumping to upgrade next year either. I think when the 8 line comes out, I'll wait a bit and see if there are issues before I get one of any of them. Of course I lean toward going to the Note again, but I will also check the S8E. But, yup, waiting a while on either to make sure there are no issues. Will you wait, or upgrade right away to be one of the first to have it????
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-25-2016 07:24 PM
    I jumped on the Pixel XL bandwagon. I had always wanted it, but I chose the Note 7 instead. Then the "safe" replacement devices started blowing up 2 days after I got mine. Now I'm waiting on Verizon to ship my Pixel, so I can return my Note. Samsung is also supposed to run a free upgrade promo for the S8 launch.
    10-25-2016 08:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm hearing that will work even for those of us that stayed with the S7E. Would be nice if that was true! Still waiting though. lol
    10-25-2016 08:30 PM
    At $700 plus a pop, I'm in no hurry to replace a great handset... (GS7e)
    10-25-2016 09:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm hearing that will work even for those of us that stayed with the S7E. Would be nice if that was true! Still waiting though. lol
    Its happening in South Korea...
    10-25-2016 09:51 PM
    Still not going to be in a hurry though. Love this phone, and it actually works and doesn't catch on fire! lol I'll wait to see what happens in the first couple months.
    10-25-2016 10:10 PM
    Every even numbered generation bar the S2 has been a disaster in one way or another. The S4 had awful software issues, the S6 had overheating and lack of expandable storage and I think the S8 will have something go wrong (though maybe the Note took a hit?!). I'll be waiting in the year after when my contract is up, though I won't have a curved display again. Far too fragile.
    10-25-2016 10:16 PM
    If the Pixel never gets a launch here then I'll buy an S8 as soon as it gets a release.
    10-26-2016 06:38 AM
    I usually wait a few months before I get a new phone. The N7 is the first phone I've ever order the first week of release. After both recalls I think I'll go back to waiting. Lol
    10-26-2016 07:01 AM
    I usually wait a few months before I get a new phone. The N7 is the first phone I've ever order the first week of release. After both recalls I think I'll go back to waiting. Lol
    HA!!! Me too!! LOL I always wait! But I was so excited about the Note 7, that I didn't! I agree, back to waiting for sure!!!
    sweetypie31 and recDNA like this.
    10-26-2016 07:08 AM
    I will get the biggest screen version of the S8 when it comes out. I am on T-Mobile JOD, so it's a no brainer. They don't carry all of the phones that get released. For the ones they do carry, Samsung suits me the best. I will get the next "Note" when that comes out as well. That Xiaomi Mi Mix looks like something I would like to try. There's probably about a .001% chance of T-Mobile getting this.
    Will you be quick to upgrade, or wait a while?-mi_mix_04.0.jpg
    10-26-2016 07:53 AM
    I will wait it out because I don't want to be in same situation as I was when I pre-ordered note 7 ..sigh.. pixel is not for me it's too much like an iPhone when it comes to exterior body and I don't like that .
    merlinskw likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:56 AM
    A lot of people say they will wait. When the leaked images start coming out and they see the S8 threads, they'll start to get the itch again. Time will heal all wounds. For those buying them full price outright, they may wait as it's such a bigger hassle for refunds.
    10-26-2016 12:23 PM
    Oooh I'm not saying the itch to have it won't be there, I'm just going to make myself wait a bit to make sure no one is having issues with it. LOL
    10-26-2016 03:11 PM
    I'll probably just get the S8 as soon as I possibly can. I got the S7 Edge the day it came out so I will be ready to upgrade by then. I'm sure Samsung will get their ducks in a row before they release the S8 as another recall would be devastating. They've already taken a huge loss on the Note 7.
    10-26-2016 03:18 PM
    I was just thinking...... I've been with Samsung for a long time, and plan to stay put. I love the phones I've had from them, and I love my S7E. I was SOOOO happy I didn't go back to the Note 7 when the second recall came. But I'm also thinking that I won't be jumping to upgrade next year either. I think when the 8 line comes out, I'll wait a bit and see if there are issues before I get one of any of them. Of course I lean toward going to the Note again, but I will also check the S8E. But, yup, waiting a while on either to make sure there are no issues. Will you wait, or upgrade right away to be one of the first to have it????
    I am going to follow another poster's advice...save my nickels and dimes so that I can buy out if I like the new phone. Happy to see the Note line will survive, and eagerly waiting to see how Samsung is going to make it up to those of us who have been Note less, but still loyal.
    10-26-2016 03:22 PM
    I do believe Samsung will perform some extra quality control for the next few phones. I do believe they should offer some kind of incentive for ALL former Note 7 owners. I still have a couple of extra cases that I bought. Over the years, I have had 8 or 9 Samsungs. How they treat those of us that had to return them twice will decide how loyal I feel.
    10-26-2016 05:30 PM
    Yeah. I really hope they do something for those of us that stay with the brand.
    10-26-2016 06:21 PM
    A lot of people say they will wait. When the leaked images start coming out and they see the S8 threads, they'll start to get the itch again. Time will heal all wounds. For those buying them full price outright, they may wait as it's such a bigger hassle for refunds.
    I'm still going to get phones from Samsung if they put out a phone I like. I hate that the two recalls happened, but that hasn't turned me away. I just won't be as quick to buy like I did with the N7.
    10-26-2016 06:44 PM
    I'll go for the new note, but not right away I'll wait because I just don't trust Samsung anymore, I don't want another replay of my 2 experiences of the N7
    10-26-2016 08:05 PM
    I would say it's probably going to be rough for Samsung, you know every hater will do their best to blow the phone up so they can run and post on "The Verge"
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:08 PM
    I would say it's probably going to be rough for Samsung, you know every hater will do their best to blow the phone up so they can run and post on "The Verge"
    Ugh. Hadn't thought of that. I hope not.
    10-26-2016 08:42 PM
    I'm also a Note 7 refugee... It being my first Samsung, Android, and Note device ever, I definitely want to have that kind of device back, but I will have to wait at least a year before I pick it up. Luckily for me, that should bring me into the holiday season of next year. But I am also getting married in a year, so I might want to have the new device to document it at the time. But most likely, I'll have to wait till at least the holiday season. Hopefully hat comes with some additional deals and incentives. I did purchase my Note, my S7E, and my previous devices out right, but my last BlackBerry was the Passport, so I had that for well over 2 years. And kind of the same with the S7E, that wasn't the exact device I wanted at the time, but it was my next best option for me.

In short, I will wait.
    10-27-2016 06:17 AM
    Ugh. Hadn't thought of that. I hope not.
    You can bet this will happen.

I am holding onto my note 7 until the S8 comes out. if i like it i will most likely preorder (hoping for the 256 sd card).
    10-27-2016 07:02 AM
    You can bet this will happen.

I am holding onto my note 7 until the S8 comes out. if i like it i will most likely preorder (hoping for the 256 sd card).
    Wow! Be careful with that N7!!! I'm a firefighter, and in my opinion, it's not worth taking the chance. I would strongly suggest trading it in!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-27-2016 07:31 AM
41 12