12-01-2016 12:24 AM
27 12
tools
    Stock email app on GS7 Edge having typing issues. Whenever I try to type contractions like I'm it replaces the ' with " and deletes any letters after auotmatically. It also changes words like autocorrect into aautocorret and three to ttree... Autoreplace, autocaps, autospace and autopunctuate are all turned off. I talked to support twice and had someone access my device remotely. Reset my keyboard settings and the issue is still present. I was told to bring it in for service. Is there a way to fix this without wiping my device and bringing to get serviced.
    10-27-2016 10:44 AM
    Stock email app on GS7 Edge having typing issues. Whenever I try to type contractions like I'm it replaces the ' with " and deletes any letters after auotmatically. It also changes words like autocorrect into aautocorret and three to ttree... Autoreplace, autocaps, autospace and autopunctuate are all turned off. I talked to support twice and had someone access my device remotely. Reset my keyboard settings and the issue is still present. I was told to bring it in for service. Is there a way to fix this without wiping my device and bringing to get serviced.
    My wife and my phones just started doing the same thing over the last couple days. Very frustrating. Also the double click period and capitalization isn't working. Must be a bigger issue if both phones in my house are affected.
    10-27-2016 04:50 PM
    Same here. Started last evening.
    10-27-2016 05:24 PM
    I just tried this and I am seeing the same issues. It hadn't affected me maybe because of the way I type. I usually let it automatically handle adding the apostrophe. Are you guys using the default Samsung keyboard? Have you tried any other keyboard?
    10-27-2016 06:56 PM
    Default here - but I'm going to swap to Swiftkey and see what happens.
    10-27-2016 07:06 PM
    Default here - but I'm going to swap to Swiftkey and see what happens.
    Just tried Google Keyboard and I it works as it should. So looks like a Samsung Keyboard issue.
    10-27-2016 07:10 PM
    I'm seeing the exact same thing. AT&T pushed out an update recently; not sure if that instigated the problematic behavior.
    10-31-2016 10:13 PM
    Never understood why people use the stock keyboard when there are so many option available. Try SwiftKey. Been using it for years and it's always the 2nd app I download when I get a new phone.
    10-31-2016 10:27 PM
    What's your first app you download when you get a new phone?
    simon bannister likes this.
    11-01-2016 09:52 AM
    Same annoying keyboard problem here, and the problem is also present in Samsung Pay. I was trying to enter a gift card number containing dashes, and the numbers and dashes kept getting jumbled no matter how many times I backspaced and retyped.

Switching to Google Keyboard until this issue is resolved.
    11-01-2016 04:00 PM
    Never understood why people use the stock keyboard when there are so many option available. Try SwiftKey. Been using it for years and it's always the 2nd app I download when I get a new phone.
    I like the way Samsung Keyboard has the numbers at the top. I don't see an option to do that on Google Keyboard. Does SwiftKey have this?
    11-01-2016 06:13 PM

Im having the same exact problem! Started a day or two ago out of nowhere. Have you been given any other information regarding a fix? This is very frustrating.
    11-01-2016 06:20 PM
    Same here. Fails in most apps (especially email, gmail and samsung mail). After writing aposthofes or parenthesis or deleting some characters after writing the space, it repeats one previous character without sense.
    11-02-2016 03:37 AM
    Does Swiftkey have the left and right arrow key to move cursor so you don't have to TRY and move the blue what ever? Thanks
    11-02-2016 11:13 AM
    Which is better SwiftKey vs Google vs Samsung, and why ?
    11-02-2016 01:32 PM
    Same here found that keyboard works fine other non-samsung apps (textra and whatsApp for example)

Very frustrating thanks for saving me a trip to samsung rep in bestbuy . Will look for other keyboards .

Ughhhhh
    11-03-2016 04:49 AM
    Seems Google (was responsible and) has solved the bug, the Beta version of Android System Webview in Play Store (v. 55.0.2883.36) working fine with Samsung Keyboard again. The current version (54.0.2840.68) has the problem.
    11-03-2016 10:56 AM
    Swiftkey doesn't work well with the native client for me
    11-03-2016 01:17 PM
    Same problem here. Cleared cache and switched to SwiftKey, everything works so far.
    11-03-2016 04:37 PM
    LastPass.
    11-03-2016 07:54 PM
    I like the way Samsung Keyboard has the numbers at the top. I don't see an option to do that on Google Keyboard. Does SwiftKey have this?
    11-03-2016 07:57 PM
    Seems Google (was responsible and) has solved the bug, the Beta version of Android System Webview in Play Store (v. 55.0.2883.36) working fine with Samsung Keyboard again. The current version (54.0.2840.68) has the problem.
    Thank you for pointing out the culprit. I uninstalled all Android System Webview updates and my keyboard is working again. I can't find the beta version, so the older version will do for now.
    11-03-2016 10:54 PM
    SwiftKey. Then I wait for it to install and set it up before doing anything else. Lol.
    11-03-2016 11:23 PM
    Which is better SwiftKey vs Google vs Samsung, and why ?
    For ne Swiftkey. Can have 3 languages active all at once, has better predictions, and is better optimized for Edge screen than Google. Has more options in general. The only thing I like about the Google Keyboard is the easy access to one hand keyboard button.
    11-03-2016 11:24 PM
    Thank you!! Uninstalled the update and now all working fine, I think! Much appreciated.
    rodalfa likes this.
    11-08-2016 05:21 AM
27 12