What is knox

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No. It just creates a locked down encrypted area on your phone where you can keep stuff so no one can access them without your permission.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Knox is Samsung's security module. It is a quick way to for your provider and Samsung to tell if you have rooted or modified the firmware on your phone. I'd leave it in place until your warranty expires.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Knox is Samsung's security module. It is a quick way to for your provider and Samsung to tell if you have rooted or modified the firmware on your phone. I'd leave it in place until your warranty expires.
That is not the purpose of Knox as some root methods don't trip it, chanchan05 is on the money with his answer

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to disable it

Knox is, in essence, part of Samsung's operating system. It has hooks for mobile device management, security risk mitigation, and areas where you can store encrypted data (and your employer can also store encrypted data if you hook Knox to a Mobile Device Management solution). It's not something you really want to get in to disabling unless you are ready to just load a third-party ROM without Knox on board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38