APN greyed out - Verizon

dissipatedfog

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've seen similar posts to this from a few years ago, but none of them has an answer that worked for me. I can't add or edit any APN settings, everything is greyed out. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with Samsung and have gone so far as doing a factory reset, but nothing has worked.

I miss some group texts, others I get. I never know that I've missed a message, and the people who send it don't know I haven't received it. This started happening when I switched from iPhone to Android. I've removed my number from iMessage. I've had one very patient group of friends remove me from their address books and re-add me when I text them in case I was in their phone as iMessage only, but that doesn't help. This is a group of 5 friends, all on iPhone. When I text just 4 of them in a group message I receive their texts. That's any 4 of them, it doesn't seem to be linked to any one person. There was a group name associated with them in iPhone, but they removed the name and I still didn't get the group texts.

The only solution I've received is to turn off group messaging, which isn't a useful solution - it misses the whole point of group texts.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this be caused by the SIM. Your SIM may be fine in another phone, but there's apparently several different versions of Verizon nano-SIM running wild. And yours may have been working just fine in your S7E, but now it doesn't. Verizon is always fiddling with their network, and sometimes that screws other things up, making it tough for older or differently-configured SIMs to work with the system.

I'd consider replacing the SIM, especially if you got it with or for another device. It may fit your S7E, but may not be the "right" one. You might also want to call Verizon's tech support instead of Samsung. You could be suffering through an unreported network issue. Samsung woudn't have any info about that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac