S7 or S7 edge?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. I am going back to Android for my daily driver. I returned in my IP7 plus today and I am debating the S7, S7 edge. I am wondering how the battery life on the edge is and if the edge itself is annoying. I briefly had the Note 7 and I loved that phone and the subtler edges. Anyway, I also like the 5.1 inch screen of the S7, but is the edge that much bigger or does it FEEL a lot bigger. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Also, getting a decent combination of case and screen protector is problematic.

On the upside, my S7E has great battery life.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well you can't use the s7 edge one handed. Period. Its pretty annoying if you're coming from a conventional phone.

I use the S7 Edge with one hand all the time and my hands aren't terribly large. It feels a LOT smaller than the iPhone 7 Plus despite being the same display size. You can thank the small bezels and curved screen.

Had a T-Mobile gold S7 Edge for about 9 months. Now rocking the 128GB black pearl S7 Edge. Sweetest phone I've ever owned. From screen size to aesthetics, I would go with the S7 Edge over the regular S7. But that's just me.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. I am going back to Android for my daily driver. I returned in my IP7 plus today and I am debating the S7, S7 edge. I am wondering how the battery life on the edge is and if the edge itself is annoying. I briefly had the Note 7 and I loved that phone and the subtler edges. Anyway, I also like the 5.1 inch screen of the S7, but is the edge that much bigger or does it FEEL a lot bigger. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

I would say get the standard variant, simply because i like more compact devices. The smaller size is always a positive if you want portability. The S7 Edge isn't THAT much bigger, but you will notice it. Also the PPI is higher so if you plan on using VR, that may help a little. Some do say it is a little hard to pick up the S7 Edge because of the screen curving at the end, but thats minor.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If your use the Edge without a case, you will constantly register touches on the edges unintentionally when using it with one hand. This is how I interpreted the comments about not being able to use it with one hand only.

By the way, while the battery life of the Edge is much better than that of the S7, it is no where as good as iPhone 7+. I have both.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I also had the Note 7 and had to scramble into a new phone. I opted for the S7. I always thought I just wanted a bigger and bigger phone but now I realize having something that is very pocketable is more important to me. I think going forward if choosing between model X and model X+ I will likely lean toward X.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox makes a case for the S7E that has a screen protector
And a significant number of people complain about that protector interfering with the touchscreen...

I have been using Otterboxen for years, and I think they are well worth the investment, but until they can figure out a way to adequately protect a curved screen without sacrificing its usability, I'm going to have to avoid it.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I went for the Edge for its bigger battery & screen. With a case, accidental Edge touches can be greatly minimized.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I had the N7...for me, the S7 Edge was the closest to that.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Had both, physical characteristics are about the only difference.
Edge is "meh"... Had the S6 Edge plus as well, hardly used the edge on that as well.
I like the larger size screen better.
Go to the store, hold them both. That should help you decide.