Unknown icon

Puddin46

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
There's an icon on my galaxy s7 edge that I've never seen before. It kinda looks like a phone mostly inside a box. It's on the status bar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170605-160636.jpg
    Screenshot_20170605-160636.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
WiFi Calling? The phone with the signal bars coming out of it is how it looks on my S8 (and the S7 Edge before), but the rectangle around it is new for me... unless you're in a different carrier and maybe they changed the icons (mine is T-Mobile).

If you expand the notification bar, do you see it as a notification? If so, if you long-press on that, which app does it take you to?

Puddin46

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
It's crazy but when I clicked on it nothing happened. What's also weird is that I made a call and when I went to hang up I couldn't. There was a curved arrow that pointed to where the usual hangup icon and it said pull. Crazy. I have Verizon.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have WiFi-Calling enabled? What happens if you disable it, does the icon go away? Or if you disconnect from WiFi?

Also, have you received any updates lately? Maybe Verizon updated their dialer app?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw the answer in another thread Remote call & pull??? (credit to Kalvin Kearns). Looks like this was a VZW thing that has to do with linking your phone number and another piece of hardware (like a tablet) with VZW Message+. Here's a link to a discussion on Verizon's community forum. Remote Call

As I understand it, the remote functionality seems to work through components of Verizon's Message+ messaging client and their Advanced Calling. If you have the Message+ client loaded and configured on multiple devices, (phone, tablet, PC), you get this indication on the Notification Bar when in a call. You'll apparently be able to switch the telephone call to your other connected devices. The way to eliminate it is to disconnect your Verizon Message+ from all of your devices. Alternatively, you can disable Advanced Calling on your phone. But then you'll lose the ability to simultaneously talk and use data, along with losing WiFi calling and HD calling.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are they in your notification? They Gallery one is pretty obvious, but unless you're getting 'Story' notifications from the Gallery app, it could be just any app showing media. The other two are most likely a messaging app (the first one looks a lot like the 'warning' notification from the stock messaging app when a message fails to send or download, but the smiling one doesn't ring a bell).

Pkmoore71

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
They are on my son's phone. He sent me a screenshot of something and I noticed it. He's not allowed to have messaging apps on his phone...it isnt a text notification as I have the same phone. idk.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I'd say it's definitely a messaging app. If it's on a phone, maybe he downloaded a 3rd party texting app that allows you to modify the notification icons (like Textra)? Or if there's an app he installed that has in-game chat or something?

You can just ask him, too...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know what app these icons belong to?
Left to right:

1.) Unsent message
2.) Messeage notification. Could vary. An SMS app like Textra only sends text messages. It's no different from the in built one other than you can change colors as you want, change icons, etc. You can ask him about it.
3.) Refers to the gallery app. If you make a screenshot, you get that notification icon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74