Hi All,

At a complete loss with my issue... here is what happened:

1) Samsung S7 edge randomly displays "Unsupported SD Card" msg. All photo's that were saved on the SD are no longer visible in the gallery.

2) Tried everything with the phone, reset, hard reset, clear cache, cleaning the pins on the card... literally everything. Phone still come up with same msg and acts funny upon each reset (eg, becomes unresponsive for unsual amounts of time).

3) Put micro sd card in a usb card reader and connected to Macbook - the usb drive does not appear at all. Note: I tried the usb reader with another sd card and it was fine - so confirmed usb reader is in good working order.

4) Tried the sd card/ubs reader combo with a Windows computer - after 10 mins the drive appears but can't open or access the sd card drive or any files.

5) Tried chkdsk steps found on the internet and get following msg: Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives

6) Tried testdsk, but process stalls after around the 6th step and does nothing.

7) Tried every possible data recovery program downloadable online (free versions of course!) - no joy there, nothing detected.

8) Tried formatting the sd card on the phone with hopes that I can then recover anything deleted by a format using one of the previous used software but I got a series of errors similar to this: command '10 volume partition disk: 179,0 public' failed with 'null'

I've spent 2 days trying to sort this out. My sd card is just over 18 months old, bought from a legitimate store - sandisk brand. I don't care about the card, but 15% of the photo's on the card had not been backed up (frustratingly!). Yes, I appreciate the importance of double backing up! I don't want to pay a ridiculous price to ship it off somewhere to get the photo's recovered by a data surgeon.

Does anyone out there have a miraculous solution?? Has anyone else gone through this unfortunate series of events?

I've read countless forums and blogs, but nothing has helped.
    10-20-2017 10:46 AM
    My own history with Samsung phones and tablets tells me that they don't always play with other people's SD cards, including SanDisk. Throw into that the fact that flash memory in general is easily faked, I made the personal to only use Samsung SD cards in my Galaxy devices (Samsung makes their own memory cards).

Unfortunately, there likely no way to retrieve any data off that card that you haven't pulled already. Do you have any cloud-like backup?
    10-20-2017 10:59 AM
    Unfortunately it seems like there is no way to access the photos and data on that memory card.
    10-20-2017 02:12 PM
    Thanks for your input. Definitely plan to try the Samsung SD card next - hopefully it is ok.

There was a small percentage of photo's what did not sync up with my cloud back up. That's the stuff I would love to be able to get off the card
    10-20-2017 11:24 PM
    I was afraid that would be the answer, but thought I would pose the question to the experts on this forum.

Thanks anyways.
    10-20-2017 11:25 PM
    “SD card is blank or has unsupported file system” doesn’t mean that it is really blank or it does not contain any file. It means that something is wrong – the phone has detected that SD card is mounted but it is not able to read or cannot recognize the file system. Hence, blank SD can be read and data stored within it can be accessed after it is fixed.

Below, find out the solutions:

Solution 1: Try to reboot the phone and see if this fixes the problem. If not then repeat the reboot process 2 – 3 times.

Solution 2: Try to repeatedly eject and insert the SD card for 3-4 times and check whether this solution solve your problem or not.

Solution 3: Run CHKDSK to fix the error

This solution has already solved blank SD problem for many users:

• Connect your blank SD card to your computer with the help of car reader.
    • On your PC, click Start and type CMD and hit ENTER.
    • A new command window will get open.
    • In command window, type chkdsk g: /f (g is the drive letter of the blank SD card) to fix error.
    • Wait for some time, the command will fix the SD card issue.

Now, connect your SD card back to phone and see whether the card works fine after that.
    11-27-2017 12:18 PM