Can I completely delete Sprint from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge?

ihatesprinting

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
I have an "unlocked" SGS7 edge that I bought from a friend and he had it with Sprint. I tried using on AT&T network but it asked me for an MSL code in order to be able to change the APN settings to the AT&T ones. I was able to get the MSL from someone who know more about phones than I do. After this, I am able to use the network and data from AT&T but it still has some features blocked because I can't get past the "Hands Free Activation" from Sprint. These features are the hotspot and voicemail among other.
So my question is if I can completely delete Sprint from my phone by flashing the AT&T firmware for the S7 edge onto my device.
All help is welcome.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
If the model number is the same (mine is SM-G935V) for the firmware you are planning on installing, then it should not be a problem.

With that said, you are running the risk of bricking your phone.

Your best bet is to swing by the FDA forums for your phone and see if anyone has successfully done this, and if there are any caveats.

Dave Larcombe

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an "unlocked" SGS7 edge that I bought from a friend and he had it with Sprint. I tried using on AT&T network but it asked me for an MSL code in order to be able to change the APN settings to the AT&T ones. I was able to get the MSL from someone who know more about phones than I do. After this, I am able to use the network and data from AT&T but it still has some features blocked because I can't get past the "Hands Free Activation" from Sprint. These features are the hotspot and voicemail among other.
So my question is if I can completely delete Sprint from my phone by flashing the AT&T firmware for the S7 edge onto my device.
All help is welcome.

Sprint runs on a cdma network and AT&T runs on a gsm network these network specific phones are incapable of communication on the other network

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The S7E (935P) is one of the newer phones that does GSM and CDMA 2G, so it will work on either network (in the USA, at least - I didn't check frequencies for other countries) and it does Band 12 (and 1900 on 3G) so it should work on AT&T in most areas.