So frustrated...Bootloader maybe?

danielriley2009652

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
I attempted to root my Galaxy S7 (g930T) and something went wrong somewhere....When my phone boots up now it either goes into recovery menu or where it says "Downloading do not turn off target"

I have downloaded MANY ROMS in attempt to just get it to boot into android but no avail. When I try to flash something it says :

bootloader.png

I dont get it. The only thing that I can assume is that the bootloader is locked right? Im so frustrated I have been working on this phone for over 48 hours with no sleep, it's bothering me that bad....

Someone please help!!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe one of those old Samsung firmware etc programs would work to get you back in business? Samsung Odin or Kies?

I'm really no expert on this subject BUT I have reached out for some folks to help you. :) @B. Diddy, can you help?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the stock ROM (make sure it's for your variant of the S7) is giving you that error, it's possible that there's a storage failure. That would require a new motherboard. (No one replaces chips.)

Find a really good repair shop, let them know what you told us (print out your post, or the entire thread) and ask what they think.

(I've seen that happen when trying to flash a ROM for the wrong variant, but I've only seen it happen with the right variant when the eMMC storage has failed.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey