S7 Battery life expectations vs S6/S6 edge

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Battery life will be the make or break factor for me on the S7/S7 Edge line. My last two phones have been Motorola Droid Maxx HD and Motorola Droid Turbo. I've never had a inkling of a battery worry, ever. I'm ready to try a different manufacturer but I'm not giving up my battery life.

I know the feeling. I can't deal with another phone with shocking battery life like my S6

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
This is going to be a rough calculation, so bear with me.

On my LG G4, which has a 3000mAh battery and a Snapdragon 808 plus a 1440p display (the 808 isn't actually that efficient), I typically get 18 hours of mixed use out of it, with 3-4h of SOT.

For the flat S7, given the same battery size but more efficient processor, I should expect to squeeze an extra 2-3 hours of use out of it or more, depending on my usage and other conditions.

But here's the big one. The Edge. For that, I expect about an extra 5-6 hours out of it or slightly less or more depending on usage pattern.

Note that those are average calculations. It's just theory and real-world results may differ from my calculations.

This is insanely inaccurate. Wayyyyyyy too many variables to draw any sort of conclusions to draw from different batteries/processors/kernals, etc.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Here's my WAG. The S7 Edge, with Doze and deleting apps you can, disabling those you can't and judicious use of Always On will get you through a FULL day plus, like 16 hours of normal use. Just sayin

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had problems with my S6 battery it usually lasts me until the end of the day when I get home. The bigger battery will be great, but I am debating on if that and the camera, sd card are worth upgrading.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I know the feeling. I can't deal with another phone with shocking battery life like my S6

Same for me...the S6 edge and its horrific battery life was almost my last Samsung purchase. Being a Samsung fan, I'm giving them one last shot with the S7 edge and am VERY hopeful that with the enormous battery and Marshmallow the battery issues are far behind them but I really hope they paid a lot of attention to battery life (which it seems they did this go around).

davejavu_31

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Verizon just posted their advertised battery life estimates. We all know they don't hold much water, but at least gives a baseline to compare with the S6 while we wait for reviews..

S7 vs. S6
‡Varies with Always on Display setting.
S7.PNG S6.PNG

S7 edge vs S6 edge+
‡Varies with Always on Display setting.
S7edge.PNG S6edgeplus.PNG

Note5 while we're at it.
note5.PNG

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Can we have any SOT times.

It is also good to see how the battery settles down after a few cycles

Would be appreciated if someone shows us GSam Battery app stats.

Thanks

😁

Posted by my Superia z2

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Always-on notwithstanding..... I would hope that Samsung is able to at least match the Note 5's performance. The SoC, by most accounts, should be more efficient. The screen is not only smaller, it, too, should be more power efficient. 6.0 itself has some significant improvements in power usage.

If the S7 can't match, or even exceed, the Note 5, I would consider that a pretty big failure on Samsung's part. The larger-celled S7 Edge should outrun the Note 5 but a considerable margin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan