Impatient Verizon Customer

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've watched every review video on youtube.( Except Spanish and Russian, but I am going there soon). I've checked my order status about 20 times a day. No "professional" reviews released yet. How can T Mobile release it so early and Verizon take so long? Even ATT is going to release it in a couple of days.

Okay folks, nothing more here. Please move along.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is the same as with the s6 and Note 5 and many other Android phones... So if getting the phone early is your highest priority when choosing a Carrier... Then choose Tmobile.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the waiting club! I too check the status multiple times a day (I'm into pain!) and there isn't even an expected by date on mine. FML!!

swcomputerdesign

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
At least you didn't have to wait from Nov 6, 2015 til March 3rd, 2016 for Verizon to release the phone. The Blackberry Priv wait was almost 4 months after ATT.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Generally manufacturers impose embargos on new items like this. Either T-Mobile got some awesome deal with a pre-embargo release from Samsung, or they're just doing whatever they want to. It's the same reason you haven't seen official reviews yet - guarantee the reviewers all have their demo units currently, but they would be breaking some sort of NDA by posting an official review.

Same thing happens in the video game world - the developers impose embargos against reviews and ship dates to protect their interests.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I feel your pain. T-Mobile really is fantastic at getting phones out early. My suspicion is that they are not loading us much bloatware on the phones so it's a quicker process. Verizon has fantastic cell quality but I think puts more on their phones and probably tests longer.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. T-Mobile really is fantastic at getting phones out early. My suspicion is that they are not loading us much bloatware on the phones so it's a quicker process. Verizon has fantastic cell quality but I think puts more on their phones and probably tests longer.

To be honest .. This has nothing to do with it at all. Verizon has the units the same time T-Mobile did. The only difference is T-Mobile simply said "Why wait?" and started shipping .. Verizon didn't. We can't really comment on why unless a Verizon person was able to comment from corporate.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's very common for the contract to stipulate pre-order dates, live sales on site and in stores, etc. Everything that needs to happen from a software standpoint is done before the phone ever makes it to the carrier, including apps that the OEM and carrier agree to add.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Warning: Do not check the status of your pre-order !!

After my latest check on my status, my computer melted into a 2.7 lb blob of aluminum. It will be much better to just get a beach chair and sit outside and look for the FedEx truck.

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's very painful. If the days could go by slower, they would- I mean they are...The days would go by much smoother if I didn't have to sit here at work watching the clock tick by...wondering when I will get my shipping info.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
2 enterprise accounts on the s7e forums have received tracking info so the end is in sight!

Posted via the Android Central App

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have always wondered what is so magical in a date ? When you get some in, shouldn't you send them out as well ? ...... Immediately

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
To be honest .. This has nothing to do with it at all. Verizon has the units the same time T-Mobile did. The only difference is T-Mobile simply said "Why wait?" and started shipping .. Verizon didn't. We can't really comment on why unless a Verizon person was able to comment from corporate.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that T-Mobile either got a way earlier release date than the other carriers, which wouldn't make much business sense for Samsung, or that T-Mobile blows off a contractual release date with each phone. There's got to be more to it than that (maybe T-Mobile loads less onto their phones or does network testing much faster, etc.), but you are definitely right in that we'll never know unless we get a Verizon rep to share the inside scoop with us!

Regardless of the reason, I'm just happy to have had my S7 edge for nearly a week now! It's definitely an extraordinary phone!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
T-Mo either gives Sammy the finger and does w/e it wants,

OR

Sammy feels bad for T-Mo because their CEO is hard to look at and just tells them to go ahead and ship, screw the official launch date. Do w/e it takes to get more subs so they can buy a better looking CEO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch