Completely unresponsive. Anyone else? Resetting now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2016 07:50 PM
    Did a force restart fix it?
    03-10-2016 04:33 PM
    I had the same issue. Power/lock button was not responding. A force restart (power + volume down together until the screen responds) appears to have fixed it.
    extraneu likes this.
    03-14-2016 04:24 PM
    Had this happen as well, there was another thread about it this past weekend. I did a force restart and went into safe mode, then regular mode and it fixed it for me. Though I did also experience a corrupted SD card shortly after, not sure if it was related or not. Had to remove sd, reformat and all seems well now.
    03-14-2016 05:04 PM
    My power button stopped working this morning as well. No matter how long I held it down it wouldn't give me the "Power down/Restart Menu". I saw on other forums they just said take it back to store and return it immediately. I only had the phone 2 days. I saw THIS forum and tried the power/volume down button solution, thinking how could that work if the power button isn't working ? I held it for 9 seconds before it restarted and all is like new now ! Thanks for the tip !
    04-08-2016 07:01 AM
    I've had the same thing happen. Force restart was working temporarily. Uninstalled a couple of recently installed apps and everything has gone back to normal.
    04-11-2016 09:27 PM
    Hello, I am having trouble turning on my LG Stylo. I took the battery out to see if I could turn it back on like I used to do it but now I cant even get it on please help.
    09-12-2016 05:05 PM
    Is there another solution to this problem? It doesn't work on my phone.
    12-18-2016 02:38 PM
    Thus far this has worked for me as well. Thanks!
    01-05-2017 08:49 AM
    Same problem !
    01-30-2017 07:48 AM
    No offence Elly58... but what a stupid response to the question ! "My power button is not working or responding", so you type, "Press the power button (which isn't working :| ) and volume down for force restart...

very unhelpful !
    01-30-2017 07:58 AM
    I tried to do the reset and now my phone is dead black no buttons are working and the led indicator has a bright white light, do you know at all how to fix this???

Update- I got my phone to turn on again but the power button still won't work... back to square one
    11-24-2017 10:52 PM
    @ Jazzy, You're jumping the gun there, the power button not working could have numerous reasons. The button itself, the hardware it's attached to, firmware or software.

If it's software that's impacting it's operation then other functions like "force reset" which is built into firmware, would still work, and would tell you straight away the button is actually functional, and that the problem is software related. As may restarting in safe mode if it works in safe mode.

If it does not work it would indicate either a firmware issue, or an issue with the button itself or attached components. So attempting a reset isn't entirely stupid, it's just standard troubleshooting, never rule anything out until it's tested.
    12-05-2017 07:48 PM
    Thank you guys for the advice, it really helped and i honestly didnt think it would have. I just held down the power and volume buttons for about 10 sec and it restarted and everything was cool.
    12-13-2017 09:11 PM
    Well i mean it worked for me, idek hiw but i really benefitted from the advice.
    12-13-2017 09:13 PM
    I had the same problem and force restart fixed it
    12-27-2017 01:40 PM
    I don't have a samsung, but this wasnt working on my LG Stylo 3 and I just took the battery out for 15 seconds and it worked again.
    02-16-2018 06:58 AM
    No offence Elly58... but what a stupid response to the question ! "My power button is not working or responding", so you type, "Press the power button (which isn't working :| ) and volume down for force restart...

very unhelpful !
    Jazzy, your response is ignorant...no offense. I had the same problem-power button not responding. Tried vol down/power button and it fixed the problem. Try something before you post rude comments maybe...
    tuckertje01 likes this.
    03-30-2018 03:29 PM
    Jazzy, your response is ignorant...no offense. I had the same problem-power button not responding. Tried vol down/power button and it fixed the problem. Try something before you post rude comments maybe...
    Jazzy's answer wasn't rude bro. Its completely sense that he thought that this won't work when the button not even work. you can't be angry on him. But i have this problem too, i found out the fix: hit the back of the phone on area of the button.
    04-25-2018 11:07 PM
    Pressing volume and home buttons won't turn it on
    05-28-2018 01:04 PM
    Completely unresponsive. Anyone else? Resetting now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ok, i had the same issue, looked on many forums and no amount of effort would force restart or turn the phone on, no power cable turned it on so i put it down to broken hardware (the button itself) got some pliers, ripped the button out, there was 3 seperate holes, get 3 pointy objects, stick them in all three holes and viola it turned on, if you want a safe way of ensuring your honor stays alive even when its dead it to set an alarm 4 hours apart, honors have a setting to turn the phone on when the alarm is due. Just make sure u got a charger to hand.
    06-14-2018 05:28 PM
    (Samsung galaxy A5 2016) So my phone got a bit wet and the power button stopped responding after it. I turned it of with the volume down button and on with both volume button but it didn't do much. I repeated the same thing, I held down all the possible buttons while restarting and there was an effect. After second restart the pop up with 3 options to turn off restart or alarm mode started coming up on it's own and the button worked occasionally. I restarted it again and now the button is working perfectly. I should also mention there was lot of blowing into the button and hitting the phone with might have helped.
    07-11-2018 05:02 PM