Android Marshmallow on s7 has trouble printing webpages as PDF to google drive

Michael93720

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
My print dialog from google chrome on my Samsung Galaxy s5 with lollipop was perfect, i would just print --> save to PDF --> then it let me rename the file as I selected what folder I wanted on my google drive, now I just upgraded to Galaxy s7 with marshmallow and the save to PDF function gives the only option to save to the phones internal storage and will not let me change the name of the PDF file. After it is saved, only then can you change the name and then you have to select the file, then choose to share the file, and then could also change the name while choosing which google drive folder to place the file. Is there something I have to do to this browser in the settings to make it allow me to choose the file name and google drive storage location? other option was downloading that google drive cloud print extension but then that just behaves by immediately printing the PDF to the drive, no choice on file name or file location, just sending the file to the main directory. Has anybody else had this problem? I have tried so many ways to change the settings and I am getting nowhere.

Last edited:

Lisa Connell

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue as you, as I just also got the s7.

go into settings, search for printers or printing. youll see a setting for cloud printing. turn it on. It will allow you to print to google drive. then when you go to print your pdf, at the top click where it is printing to, and it should allow you to select google drive, then click the print icon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member