is there a way to tell an app where to save a file?

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
I use a simple program called VOICE RECORDER. I now need to tell it to save each new sound file to my SD Card rather than the phone's internal drive, But I can not figure out how to do that, there's no setting.

I seem to remember when I first installed the program, it gave me that option, but not again... so I'm thinking possibly I should uninstall the program, then re-install and see if it gives me the option.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

thanks as always!

w

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I have just done a Force Stop / Clear Cache / Clear Data on that app on my phone and while Settings does have a Folder item telling you where it saves recordings it does not let you change that.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I use a simple program called VOICE RECORDER. I now need to tell it to save each new sound file to my SD Card rather than the phone's internal drive, But I can not figure out how to do that, there's no setting.

I seem to remember when I first installed the program, it gave me that option, but not again... so I'm thinking possibly I should uninstall the program, then re-install and see if it gives me the option.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

thanks as always!

w
This is Samsung Voice Recorder?

I have v21.4.52.01 installed and there is the option to save to internal or SD storage. What version do you have?1000000918.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23