Unable to auto rotate pictures in Gallery

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon S7 seems to be unable to auto rotate pictures in gallery. Auto rotate is on in settings & apps that are allowed to auto rotate are doing so. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!!

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
29345446f54170df74b0bbdd8defe77c.jpg

87384f551824490832a5becf3bcd155e.jpg

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, multiple reboots, 4 calls to Samsung, and a full factory restore and the problem is still there. Unfortunately, back goes the phone. Seems like a lot of bugs/problems in this first batch of phones!

Gary Bowen

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly this issue and have resolved it thankfully as it was doing my head in! I discovered that the issue would go away if I launched Gallery from within apps. It then dawned on my that I use a launcher (power toggles) on my home page and had imported the toolbar from my previous phone (Galaxy S5) along with existing icons for my most used apps including Gallery. I went into Power Toggles and deleted the old Gallery icon (from the toolbar/folder thing) and created a new one for Gallery and after this when I launch Gallery from my home page toolbar it now rotates the photos as it should. I use Power Toggles but this solution could apply to other apps launchers/toolbars if you import them from a previous device.

Hope this helps someone.

Gary

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Nova launcher? I am and I did import it over via Samsung Smart Switch. Perhaps this is what caused the issue.
Question : where is power toggles located?
Thanks

BillArf

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Well, multiple reboots, 4 calls to Samsung, and a full factory restore and the problem is still there. Unfortunately, back goes the phone. Seems like a lot of bugs/problems in this first batch of phones!

Right way to troubleshoot your issue, is to do a full factory restore and add no 3rd party apps and fool with no settings.. Now, check and see if your auto rotate is still an issue. My guess it will not be. Now, add your apps back one at a time until you find the 3rd party app that is causing the auto rotate issue. Once you find the app causing the problem, uninstall that app.

Gary Bowen

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Power Toggles is just one of a myriad of launchers/toolbar apps. If you use it it will be with all the other apps. Root cause of issue appears to be using settings for Gallery icon imported from another device. I expect your issue is Nova related. Try un-installing and using stock Galley icon, etc.

Sam Nada

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I had exactly this issue and have resolved it thankfully as it was doing my head in! I discovered that the issue would go away if I launched Gallery from within apps. It then dawned on my that I use a launcher (power toggles) on my home page and had imported the toolbar from my previous phone (Galaxy S5) along with existing icons for my most used apps including Gallery. I went into Power Toggles and deleted the old Gallery icon (from the toolbar/folder thing) and created a new one for Gallery and after this when I launch Gallery from my home page toolbar it now rotates the photos as it should. I use Power Toggles but this solution could apply to other apps launchers/toolbars if you import them from a previous device.

Hope this helps someone.

Gary

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Was driving me nuts. No idea how long it would have taken me to find this. Your hope came true!

BUp111ljhff

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Verizon S7 seems to be unable to auto rotate pictures in gallery. Auto rotate is on in settings & apps that are allowed to auto rotate are doing so. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!!

Metro PCS customer here, GS7 too, August 2016, same issue, stopped auto rotating months ago, i suspect its a glitch that Samsung did with an update

Last edited by a moderator:

rwherr

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Hope this helps someone.

Gary
Thank you! Been having this issue for months and just decided to dig into the issue when I came across your post.

Nova Launcher was my culprit and I also restored my settings that I backed up from my S4 onto my S7 which caused the issue.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately none of these suggestions have worked for me. This issue is the only real problem I have with the phone and it's pretty annoying.

I used Samsung's transfer app and I used Nova Launcher. I have launched the Gallery from the app draw and still nada.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty