06-22-2018 03:46 PM
284 ... 101112
tools
    I found a suggestion on another couple threads, which is to disable Google's Backup My Data under Settings>Backup and Reset. It's been reported as a known bug that interferes with Doze. I've only tried it for one night but the phone started dozing again as soon as I disabled backup.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Thank you flumdog.
    I disabled backup 3 hour ago and already feel increase in battery life. No sign of Android OS eating my battery till now.
    04-26-2017 08:54 PM
    note even 8%. My note 5 hs it really low at about 2%. YOu have to learn to maintain your device and remove bloatware. The fact that his new phone is messing up should not be happening though
    09-17-2017 06:02 AM
    exactly, i feel like samsung rushed the s7 and s7 edge. i doubt they optimized the OS properly. My note 5 only has it at 2 even now after about 2 years of use.
    09-17-2017 06:07 AM
    ikr, Note 5 and only 2 %
    09-17-2017 06:14 AM
    Same here my S7 is showing keep awake almost 100 % of the time even with the phone sitting idle. Just for a test I cleared cache, cleared Google Chrome history, stopped every app disabled some normal apps I've been using, have not downloaded any new apps in months, unplugged it at 100 did a restart before unplugging it, let it sit idle, no screen on, didn't touch the phone for 8 hours and Android system shows keep awake for 7 hours 59 minute out of 8 hours sitting there. This is a company provided phone otherwise I would have thrown it against a brick wall. Have not liked this phone since I got it, I would never spend my own money on a Samsung phone. Our choices were this or an iPhone, as much as I do not like iOS, I think I should have gone with an iPhone.
    09-19-2017 07:48 AM
    You could try a Package Disabler (some are free, some paying, some need ROOT, others don't work with root, find the right one for your brand of phone) and disable all bloatware. But be sure to check the list was has been disabled. There are maybe functions you would like to have enabled AND some you really need.
    11-09-2017 04:04 AM
    Hi,

For people using Samsung Galaxy with Android Nougat 7.1.1 and having problems with Android System.

I have greatly reduced the battery usage of this one by turning off or disabling "Broadcast Channels" under Messages> Settings> More Settings. This helped to keep my phone cool regardless whether my WiFi or Mobile Data is turned on and using any app plus no more heat issues I am experiencing even when playing mobile games.

My android system is now only using 4% of my battery from 20ish% to 30ish% before.

*This may probably work on other phones too, please let us know if it did work for you*

Thanks!
    11-24-2017 07:21 PM
    I have greatly reduced the battery usage of this one by turning off or disabling "Broadcast Channels" under Messages> Settings> More Settings. This helped to keep my phone cool regardless whether my WiFi or Mobile Data is turned on and using any app plus no more heat issues I am experiencing even when playing mobile games.
    This must be carrier specific.. don't see this option on a Sprint S7.
    11-27-2017 11:11 AM
    GUYS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So i sum up all the problems regarding android system battery drain in s7 edge and after applying this settings i got my battery running normal again.solutions are as follows

1. Clear data from google services
    2. Force stop chrome , facebook
    3. Smart alert off
    4. In oreo restrict background usage of android system
    5. Check that your cell signal are not low
    6. Wifi always turn on select never
    7. Google backup off

I applied all those settings and in upcomming time i will check what was the give culprit
    06-22-2018 03:46 PM
284 ... 101112