The S7 compared to the Note 5.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I posted this in the Note 5 forum to get opinions from Note 5 users but what do you S7 users think of the S7 compared to the Note 5? I'm talking the S7 and not the S7 edge. Is the S7 an upgrade over the Note 5? I have a Note 5 should I trade in on the S7?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your needs. The Note 5 is still a great phone. But if you want a slightly better camera and ip68, then go with the s7.

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Not a Note 5 user here, but going from the Note 4 to the regular S7 works for me. I was really tired of the Note in my pocket. I'll probably miss the S-pen sometime, but really didn't use it that much.

The biggest difference to me is the size. I much prefer the S7, but I do wish it had an S-pen. The S7 is the nicest phone I've ever touched. I can't get over how awesome this device is in the hand, but that's just my opinion. I'll probably never go to a Note sized device again. At least not where they're at currently.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not a Note 5 user here, but going from the Note 4 to the regular S7 works for me. I was really tired of the Note in my pocket. I'll probably miss the S-pen sometime, but really didn't use it that much.

The biggest difference to me is the size. I much prefer the S7, but I do wish it had an S-pen. The S7 is the nicest phone I've ever touched. I can't get over how awesome this device is in the hand, but that's just my opinion. I'll probably never go to a Note sized device again. At least not where they're at currently.

The biggest complaint I see on the Note 5 forum besides not having the Spen is that the S7 feels too small in the hand.

Should I wait and see what the G5 cost and is like? They usually have a deal going on where you get a free battery as well and it has the IR blaster.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I should also add I have a Tab s2 8.0 already so traveling and going places I still have a larger device. Would I benefit from the S7 over a note 5 performance wise or is the differences in speed so small you wont really notice it?

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the note 5 is still a beast and I saw a performance comparison video on YouTube of the note 5 vs the s7 and the difference was not too big, like milliseconds difference. so it comes down to size, I switched from a note 4 to the s7 and the s7 is so comfortable in the hand. I always use a case so with a case on it doesn't feel too small it fits the curve of the hand perfectly and I can reach end to end with my thumb while on the note 4 I had about a half inch of screen where my thumb could not reach one handed. The battery life is about the same as the note 4 which is great by my standards.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana