Facebook video uploads, why don't they always render in HD?

dkst0426

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Facebook video uploads

Hi, all!

I've noticed that my Facebook video uploads are hit or miss when it comes to rendering in HD. I've checked that my S7's camera settings are in HD for video capture, and I've also tried uploading both via the Facebook app and through sharing directly from the gallery. I don't get it. I can create, splice, and edit videos easily, but am truly dumbfounded here.

What am I missing? Sure would appreciate any helpful tips.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook video uploads

This is Facebook fault, not Samsung's. Happens on a lot if not all Android devices using the app. Only started happening to me the other day.

Only workaround is to upload it via the browser.

Also worth reporting atbas problem under the app. iOS has an option to upload in HD, so Android is getting the crap as usual.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Android has the option to upload in HD. Not sure how well it works since I barely share videos.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dorknight

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I'm having the same issue. I left iOS about a month ago, I appreciate both platforms. But this issue is SUPER annoying! 😭 Why is the option for HD Video not there. When I upload the video from the native Google Photos app to Facebook, it even says Original Size meaning HD in this case. Yet no HD upload/render . 😞See screenshot:

3677ca144f25c126b8368a33e93fe6e1.jpg

Brian Preston

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here. I just switched from an iPhone to an S7 edge. Uploaded a couple videos today from the gallery app on my phone. One video about 30 seconds long uploaded in HD, the other video a little over a minute long only uploaded in SD. They were both filmed with the same settings. It's frustrating.

Dorknight

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. I just switched from an iPhone to an S7 edge. Uploaded a couple videos today from the gallery app on my phone. One video about 30 seconds long uploaded in HD, the other video a little over a minute long only uploaded in SD. They were both filmed with the same settings. It's frustrating.

I think I figured it out a while back, but I guess I didn't follow up. Maybe it was on another post somewhere. Pretty sure what I did to fix it, was uploading directly from the native/stock Photos app. In my case, the Google Photos app. I shared the video to Facebook from there, and it uploaded in HD. Try that, hopefully it works.

nrhtx

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Dorknight,

You are the best, using Google photos works perfectly. Facebook needs to give Android users the option to upload videos in HD.

test.png

Thank you
:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non