Phone call speaker phone issue.

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
When my wife calls me on her S7 and she is on speaker phone she cuts in and out. When she switches back to regular I have no problems hearing her. I have talked to her about maybe blocking microphones but she is not doing that. Anyone else having this problem? Service is on Verizon.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
yes I have that issue.but I thought it was because of my case. does she have one? I have tmobile btw

Posted via the Android Central App

shvik

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have same issue with S7 when call using speaker voice breaks without speaker call is ok. I was searching online but don't see any solution, I need to call T-mobile.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Possibly same here on Koodo (with an Exynos S7). My father commented on it the other day, but thought it was his phone.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't exercised speaker phone calling much so I did a test calling my home answering machine just now. I had the TV on in the background, not too loud, about 15 feet away. Certain parts of me talking were squelched to the point of not understanding. I repeated the test with the TV off and it was clear - not quite as good as without speakerphone but what I consider normal. It seems like a noise cancellation issue. In speaker mode it picks up the TV more easily and hears it as background noise it is trying to cancel out I guess but it cancels part of me too. When I do this test with TV on and speakerphone off, I come through fine. Is it noisy in the background on her side when she calls you? This was just one quick test I did tonight, maybe not conclusive.

Rich Burton

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. When using the phone on speaker the person on the other end claims they are getting feedback on their end and it was hard to hear. I thought it may be my phone so I took it to T-Mobile to have it checked out. No solution. My wife just upgraded from the S6 to the S7 and she is having the same issue. I never experienced the issue until I was talking with her and the issue is very real and annoying. My daughter has a Iphone and when we talked to her on speaker from either of our phones same issue and we have to come off speaker. What's the issue with this. Carrier or phone?

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Are they getting feedback or echo? Sometimes there's a few millisecond echo on calls, and has been for several years. Depends on the carriers involved and the connections established. For a while on my S3 I had it quite badly and they were able to tweak something from their end that did reduce it.

Feedback is the kind of sound you think of when in a public place and the mike starts to squeal.

munchy23

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm from the uk and on Vodaphone. Calls via speakerphone are awful, they always break up and I also have many complaints from the other side. My s7 edge is the 2nd replacement cause of these issues and still they persist. Great phone but worst speakerphone experience on a smartphone I have ever had, my Lumia 930 was fantastic so that makes maters worst. Trying safe mode today hopwe its a app issue but I don't think it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87