Samsung Galaxy S7 - 1 Month Later

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That cons are the battery life..coming from an iPhone 6s Plus it cant compare. The most was 4 hours SoT and that was once. I usually average about 3.5. I know the edge version has a better battery but I dont like the edge panels. .

I get more than enough battery life on my S7. This is what I got yesterday after using it from 6:30AM to 11PM - over 4hrs of screen time and still at 33%!

Screenshot_20160803-224245.jpg

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Had mine for almost 2 weeks now. I have 2 more days to decide whether I'm going to keep it or not. I'm really on the fence. Love the screen of course, camera is great (except for plastic looking selfies) Touchwiz has been improved even though I put Nova Launcher on it. Quick charging is awesome. Customization is nice even though i havent done as much customizing as I thought I would besides Nova.

That cons are the battery life..coming from an iPhone 6s Plus it cant compare. The most was 4 hours SoT and that was once. I usually average about 3.5. I know the edge version has a better battery but I dont like the edge panels. Social media apps like Snapchat and Twitter work much better on the iOS and get the latest updates first. Most of the android apps i've tried lack the polish and/or functionality of their iPhone counterparts. And because of the way android runs seems like im always checking whats running in the background..have to force close apps or download some type of battery tool just to get optimal performance. People on here talk about clearing cache partitions or doing factory resets. I dont want to have to do all of that to get my phone working like its supposed to. Like I said im still on the fence because there are thing that I really enjoy on this phone.
Seems like youre talking about android vs ios 5 years ago... can't see the real difference when it comes to polish between ios- and androidapps anymore to be honest. What apps are you talking about so i can see for myself

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I get more than enough battery life on my S7. This is what I got yesterday after using it from 6:30AM to 11PM - over 4hrs of screen time and still at 33%!

View attachment 234047

After 12 hours of moderate use today, I was down to 12% before getting it to a charger. Not very impressive at compared to my other devise. Interested to read such wide ranges of performance for this phone.

ibilln

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I do not get the fawning commentary re the greatness of the GS7 camera. In my experience, the GS7 camera can not compare with an iPhone 6. I don't want better. I don't even want as good as. I want in-the-ballpark. I expected that, reading all the reviews.

Seriously...

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I notice you didn't say if you had actually used and seen an S7 camera. Also, reading between your lines, I doubt if anything will equal the great Apple in your eyes. Sorry, so many reviews, professional and owners, have commented how great the camera is. You call if fawning, the rest of us call it reality.

Last edited:

ianeb

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yep agree with above, camera is superb and far better in all situations the the camera on my 6s plus it replaced. There is nothing after 2 weeks that I miss about my iphone, I especially don't miss the awful lock screen redesign for iOS 10, I was glad to see the back of that. I'm enjoying setting up my phone exactly how I want it, and one of the biggest things which many will see as stupid... I absolutely hated that Apple chose to ruin almost every background I chose with a horrible dark filter because they thought it would ruin the text! I'm pretty sure I can make that decision myself thanks! Now I have any background and if it interferes with the text, guess what?! I can change it :)

sqmr231

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
That symbol is the proverbial "shaky hands" sign. The feature is meant to correct blurring caused by hand-shakiness during a shot. If you get blurred shots a lot, you should use that feature.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I think its been over a month or so now. I must say and I never thought I would say this, but I am still loving the S7. Coming from being a loyal iPhone user I have nothing but praised for this phone. I love the fast charging, SD card expansion, customization even though I don't use it much and more open. I look forward S8 next year.

ianeb

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I think its been over a month or so now. I must say and I never thought I would say this, but I am still loving the S7. Coming from being a loyal iPhone user I have nothing but praised for this phone. I love the fast charging, SD card expansion, customization even though I don't use it much and more open. I look forward S8 next year.
Have to agree as a recent iPhone convert... I got an S7 after trying a OnePlus 3 which was a great phone also but was too big and the screen quality wasnt great. I decided to try a Samsung for the first time in years and I'm impressed. The screen, SD card and customisation have me wondering why I bothered with iPhone so long!

lucastamiller

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I have purchased samsung galaxy S7 one and halef month ago.I don't find any issue in the device but I can't open few website like facebook, babynology.com. I wanted to know is there any problem with the net accessibility in this version?

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a 1st time Android user coming from Apple Iphone 6. I like everything this phone has to offer.
What i like
1. Fast Wireless charging, ( Take note apple, One of the reasons i left you)
2. Micro SD Card expandable storage. ( Another feature apple does not have)
3. Excellent camera, and I am a Photographer
4. Large Battery
5. Water and dust proof. I will not try this out on purpose but its nice to know for peace of mind.

Dislikes: I have NONE so far. My one month on Android has been a pleasant one. I love that i can customize my phone to the way i like it. Can't do that on apple. I am still learning something new all the time. I think I have finally found a phone that i really really like.

I'm also coming from iPhone (5s) and I also love the Note 7. I've found a few annoyances that I've mostly chalked up to the learning curve between iOS to Android and eventually resolved. Plus, I got my recall replacement Note 7 yesterday, so I've just reconfigured the new phone (most things migrated smoothly, I lost a handful of apps that weren't backed up, nothing major).

I went on vacation in Italy 2 days after getting my original Note 7 and took thousands of pictures and gigs of videos. They came out fantastic, even in low light conditions (e.g. taking pictures of murals inside cathedrals and palaces), in many cases better than with our dedicated camera. After all that, I still had 30+ GB free on my internal storage.

My remaining annoyance is texting/typing and talk to text. It is driving me nuts. I'm sure part of it is learning curve, but I don't recall this being such a PITA on the iPhone.
  • It constantly does stupid sh*! like typing out "question Mark" instead of changing it to "?".
  • The dictionary suggestions are ridiculous. Today I typed "suga" and it still couldn't figure out to suggest "sugar". That's just one example, it happens constantly.
  • I haven't figured out yet how to deal with it replacing the right word with the wrong word when it "auto incorrects" my typing.
All of this adds up to texting being a huge PITA on this phone. Something that would have taken me seconds on the iPhone now takes me many times that due to all the corrections I need to make.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have purchased samsung galaxy S7 one and halef month ago.I don't find any issue in the device but I can't open few website like facebook, babynology.com. I wanted to know is there any problem with the net accessibility in this version?

This works for me, both on WiFi and off it. I haven't found a site it hasn't opened.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
All of this adds up to texting being a huge PITA on this phone.

Sorry you're having a problem, Dennis. I use voice-to-text all the time and it captures punctuation quite nicely. A couple of suggestions, try using a steady, measured cadence. Pauses and varied cadence drive most voice translators crazy. You might also check where you are holding the phone in relationship to your mouth. I usually hold mine about 6-8" from my mouth, directly in front of me, and that has good results. Lastly, you might see if you are talking too softly or too loudly. Both can create problems.

highinterest

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone offer any battery life tips? I just got mine, but after a full charge this morning around 7:00, I'm at 69% with only 35 mins of screen-on time. And Android System (44%) and Google Play Services (10%) seem to be eating a ton of battery. I have Google Now turned off.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone offer any battery life tips? I just got mine, but after a full charge this morning around 7:00, I'm at 69% with only 35 mins of screen-on time. And Android System (44%) and Google Play Services (10%) seem to be eating a ton of battery. I have Google Now turned off.

After some initial issues, my battery issues are all resolved. I usually run in medium power saving mode. Also, my battery was being eaten when I was on vacation and not in airplane mode, since cellular service was constantly looking for a connection. I keep bluetooth and WiFi off if I'm not using it. Try Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery and at the bottom, the app power monitor can help you see running apps and put them to sleep.360 Security and 360 Boost are pretty good at identifying apps like this, too.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Look down in the main section. I do not own an S7. But there are threads dealing with an update from this week covering the Gear VR & Occulus. That seemed to be an issue for some.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone since it's come out. I have absolutely no desire to upgrade and highly doubt there will be something released in the upcoming year that will make me dump the S7 for that. It's been a stellar phone so far...no complaints at all. Probably looking at a 3 year phone for me. Good buy!!

joshwilks

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I've had this phone since it's come out. I have absolutely no desire to upgrade and highly doubt there will be something released in the upcoming year that will make me dump the S7 for that. It's been a stellar phone so far...no complaints at all. Probably looking at a 3 year phone for me. Good buy!!

I agree, I could easily keep mine for 2-3 years. Just wait until that S8 comes out though. If the rumor mill is to be believed not sure I'll be able to resist.