So what's considered "good" battery life?

pixel_junkie

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Tmobile (US), bad service at home so all wifi there and perfect service at work, PDP with 93 packages disabled, phone is pretty optimized overall, very few apps running fore and background, 3 email account refresh every hour - looking at almost 7 hrs of screen on time according to the stock android battery app and over 8hr by Gsam. Is that about average? What are you guys getting?

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I would say that's great battery life depending on your usage. I consider myself to be a medium user and get those numbers myself.

My day usually consists of about an hour gaming, 2 Netflix movies, listen to music at work for about 6hrs....checking social stuff throughout the day, FB, IG, YouTube and 3 email all sync at an hour and some Internet surfing, AC forums etc. Texting about 150 texts, with about 15 mins phone usage

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys getting that? I get around 3 hours of screen and average 14 hours usage as indicated by the stock battery app when charged 100%. Charge full at noon and by the time I get home at 5 PM I'm in the upper 30s % battery left. Usage is about 2 1/2sot, mostly on WiFi. No FB app (use browser), AC forums, internet, YouTube, a few phone calls. T-mobile signal is strong and when I'm below ground I'm on WiFi (WiFi calling enabled)

Posted via the Android Central App

pixel_junkie

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I've disabled all crapware except the Google. Use package disabler pro and have turned off almost all suggested packages, use Greenify to put it into doze quicker but nothing else (an experimental feature under advanced), have limited the background usage on a lot of apps, No VOLTE, no WiFi scan, no "send diagnostics" for any apps. Using Llama for location based commands where it tuns on and off wifi and Bluetooth based on where I am. It took me a few hours to go through every settings and make sure it is all dialed in proper. Also, I whipped the cache after couple of days of usage which seemed to help a bit as well. Basically performed an extreme clean up before started using it and now with moderate usage for 13-14 hrs I plug it in at night with about half battery left.