The Pixel 5a Battery Endurance Thread

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a screenshot of my wife's P5a battery usage, late this afternoon. Her phone has been off the charger for 2 1/2 DAYS!!! Granted she is a light user with only a few apps installed. Still, the battery life is crazy good.

It's great, isn't it?

Here's my battery from last week. I had charged it to 95%, as I usually do, not to 100%. I was still on Android 11 so my screenshot shows the old battery monitoring data layout. BTW, I don't think I like the new battery monitoring data provided in Android 12 compared to Android 11.

Battery-Two-Days.jpg

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Was last off a full charge yesterday morning around 7am
b1891ec57e92bbcee6b283dee8305dea.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd check in now that my phone has been in use for several months and the battery has "settled in". I am absolutely blown away at the battery strength of the Pixel 5a. My average use is a full 2 days; I charge every other day in the mornings. I typically put on about 5.5 to 6.5 hours screen-on time in those 2 days.

The GSam battery app has been tracking my battery usage and it calculates the average usage between charges to be:

Battery Life: 2 days, 6.6 hours
Screen On-time: 7 hours 30 min

Keep in mind the calculations by GSam would be if I had the battery charged to 100% and ran it down to 1%, which I never do. Still, it shows the potential of the battery in the 5a.

Pixel-5a-Battery-Averages.jpg