No "Android Security Patch" Update since December. Should I be worried?

mz7590

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have recently noticed while trying to figure out if my phone has received the new Nougat update, that my "Android Security Patch Level" reads December 1, 2016.

With the recent incline in security issues around the world, this caused a huge concern for me. I wanted to know what i can do to get the latest updates. It appears that an update has been going out every month and yet i have received nothing.

I have tried checking for updates on the phone manually and it pops up that everything is up to date.

Any help would be great and I worry for my safety online.

My phone model is the Galaxy S7 G930FD.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
You could go on Sammobile, look for software and type your model number into the box. That will show what's available for your device.
I wouldn't stress too much about the security patches, most of the stuff they patch against is never actually seen in the wild, they are patching vulnerabilities that are discovered usually by security experts who try to hack devices so that they can write code to protect them.
Just do the usual security measures like no sideloading apps, if to don't know who it's from, don't open it. Don't click on links if you don't know what they are. Avoid clicking on any pop-up warning. Avoid seedy websites and I unsecured public WiFi...

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
As stated above as long as you are fairly smart with your device then it shouldn't be a huge issue.

However, if you are concerned about it then your next purchase should be looking into which manufacturer's guarantee the security patches and provide on a timely basis like Google or BlackBerry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty