Major MMS problems with group chats

xreva

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge has always struggled with MMS groupchats. If I don't restart the phone for a while, it will send messages that I send in groups individually. And yesterday, after a group chat was blowing up all day with literally hundreds of messages, MMS stopped working. After about half an hour, it magically comes back up and I am flooded with dozens of messages. Today, the groupchat starting blowing up again, and MMS shut down again. Every text sent in the group comes in as a "1kb no subject" in the stock Messages app.

I switched to Textra yesterday, and the phone tells me it can't connect to mobile data... even though mobile data is on. If I try to turn it off then on, or turn the phone off then on, it doesn't fix the problem. The only thing that fixes the problem is time. Eventually, MMS will just start working again. Currently, MMS stopped working 38 minutes ago and hasn't fixed itself yet.

This is very frustrating. Is there any fix?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My S7 Edge has always struggled with MMS groupchats. If I don't restart the phone for a while, it will send messages that I send in groups individually. And yesterday, after a group chat was blowing up all day with literally hundreds of messages, MMS stopped working. After about half an hour, it magically comes back up and I am flooded with dozens of messages. Today, the groupchat starting blowing up again, and MMS shut down again. Every text sent in the group comes in as a "1kb no subject" in the stock Messages app.

I switched to Textra yesterday, and the phone tells me it can't connect to mobile data... even though mobile data is on. If I try to turn it off then on, or turn the phone off then on, it doesn't fix the problem. The only thing that fixes the problem is time. Eventually, MMS will just start working again. Currently, MMS stopped working 38 minutes ago and hasn't fixed itself yet.

This is very frustrating. Is there any fix?

What carrier are you on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo