Am I Overreacting?

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. I recently purchased a Galaxy S7 on Swappa for $250, in pretty solid condition. Only thing is, there is some screen burn in that wasn't advertised. Up at the top, there are Facebook bars that are noticeable on bright screens. I messaged the seller for a potential return. I will attach some pictures, but I am just looking to get other opinions. Do you think I should just keep the device, or is a return a rational decision?_MG_5049.jpg_MG_5050.jpg

BackNine29

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I too had that happen to me on Swappa a while back - but with upfront disclosure of the issue. Regardless, buyer not happy and actually pretty jerky about it. I directed a return of the item and upon receipt (in same condition) issued a refund. Done. Then I used a screen burn-in removal tool with some success and promptly resold it to a satisfied buyer. My experience on Swappa is that buyers unrealisticalky expect like-new condition even when specifics of used condition are listed.

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I too had that happen to me on Swappa a while back - but with upfront disclosure of the issue. Regardless, buyer not happy and actually pretty jerky about it. I directed a return of the item and upon receipt (in same condition) issued a refund. Done. Then I used a screen burn-in removal tool with some success and promptly resold it to a satisfied buyer. My experience on Swappa is that buyers unrealisticalky expect like-new condition even when specifics of used condition are listed.

Care to list where burn in tool you used to fix it? Also, it's not super noticeable. I just have a bit of OCD with my phone's (it's why im here on AC hahaha). If he had listed it in the ad, it would be on me for having an issue, just like that guy you sold to. Good guy points to you for letting him return it.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Care to list where burn in tool you used to fix it? Also, it's not super noticeable. I just have a bit of OCD with my phone's (it's why im here on AC hahaha). If he had listed it in the ad, it would be on me for having an issue, just like that guy you sold to. Good guy points to you for letting him return it.

Just search the PlayStore for Screen Burn In Tool. There's lots, just pick one with good reviews and give it a try. Definitely worth a try before your next move

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

It’s physically burnt IN the screen. You can’t remove that without changing the display itself.

What those tools do is even out the area of screen burning by overexposing it so it blends in with the rest of the screen. Therefore, you loose contrast and color accuracy.

So it depends what you value the most, between these 2 options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez