LCD screen repair?

pokemonandroid33

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I recently dropped my phone and it keeps flickering. Replacing the screen is not an option, because it's too expensive but I do wanna repair it. Even though it keeps flickering, I noticed it became less when I press on the right corner, so I was wondering is it possible that my LCD screen or something else isn't connected and I could repair it by myself? If so, how?

Thanks.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the repair, if you're asking how, I'm going to say no. Not trying to be a smarta$$, but just to get to the screen is a process.

pokemonandroid33

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi, you're right, it is difficult. But I've seen video's and multiple forum posts/websites who tell me it has to do with the LCD/AMOLED being disconnected, so even if it is difficult to get to the screen, do you think it would be good to look if it's disconnected? I don't wanna do more damage, but replacing the screen is expensive and I wanna look at other options first.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have to say it's a good idea, provided you have some experience repairing phones and the right tools. If you just want to look at the connections, the hardest part will be getting the back cover off without breaking it.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Check out YouTube videos on this to make sure you feel you can do it.
I'd back the device up first in the very likely event that you kill it trying...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45