Galaxy S8 Active coming in the near future!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I saw this no buttons on the front thing and it bothers me. Not so much from the "active" point of view. But rather from the normal everyday use. I like the tactile feel of buttons. So, without the buttons, is the shock resistance and glass going to be the only thing that separates it from a normal galaxy?

Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing too bk' - at least in the past, they've created a totally separate housing and keypad for the Active Models. Now it looks like they're trying to simply and visually "Active" the standard S8 and call it an Active!

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
$50 for the built in case, huge battery, not having stupid curved glass and maybe a top layer added like on the s7 Active?

I'm ok with this.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
$50 for the built in case, huge battery, not having stupid curved glass and maybe a top layer added like on the s7 Active?

I'm ok with this.

Yeah, the way the Note 8 development is going, I may be O.K. with it too Justin! I've really gotten to like my S7 Active while waiting for the Note 8... if the Note 8 doesn't fulfill expectations???

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the way the Note 8 development is going, I may be O.K. with it too Justin! I've really gotten to like my S7 Active while waiting for the Note 8... if the Note 8 doesn't fulfill expectations???

Right.

Im not totally ruling out an upgrade when the Note hits though :)
But that idea took a huge hit today, I dusted off my VR and was reminded how crappy it is because of either
A) a scratched up screen
B) the vinyl protector having tiny dots and particles underneath.

I dont see the Active getting vr support this time, but I will have a store installed glass protector Fingers crosses.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Stilllllllllll waitimg :(

These BOGO s8 deals are killing me. I know better than to get that hot mess, especially for my neice. But so tempting.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great device. Flat glass. Shock proof. Big battery. Water resistant. I could live without the buttons although I would prefer them. Make one with 16/9 screen

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
O.K. Guys, it's getting really close to the end of June - where the Hell is this thing? We still haven't even seen a significant Galaxy S8 Active leak other than that cheesy frontal view that everyone seems to have. Let's go "Electronic New Sources" - just because it's AT&T Exclusive doesn't mean there's not a large crowd waiting to read about it!!! :cool:

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeh Ive seen that in the news, sites keep reporting it like it just happened and is groung breaking info.
Still nothing being said on the At&t side.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeh Ive seen that in the news, sites keep reporting it like it just happened and is groung breaking info.
Still nothing being said on the At&t side.
The PDF leak was new as far as I'd heard. Everyone only reported it this week, as well as the GFXBench info. But still confirms the phone is on its way. AT&T has been the only one carrying this phone so I take that as a given. Not that I'm upgrading...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
O.K. Samsung/AT&T - it's July! What the hell? Are you going to show us this thing or just leave us with drawings and rumors?

(It's passed FCC, I saw that at least!)

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to keep an eye on the active , I think the regular s8 is too fragile for me even though I do like the phone . If the active is just as nice as the s8 but without all glass I think I'm gonna jump on it

DesertN0mad

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
Potential release date hints from S8 Active cases on Amazon. The majority of them state that they will be in stock on August 31st.

But one is available now!
https://www.amazon.com/Absorbing-Protective-Holster-Kickstand-Samsung/dp/B00UKDE7V0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500364565&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+galaxy+%22s8+active%22+case

And there is already an S8 Active case review on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/5wdnq0-gsjo

The YouTube video review does a nice job of speculating about the size of the S8 Active. It seems like it will a 5.8" screen, I hope so!

So we must be getting very close!

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Damned, we have an Official Release Date for the Galaxy Note 8 of August 23 in New York but still nothing on the Active - what's up Samsung? I'd love to be able to compare the two at my AT&T Store in September when the Note 8 arrives and make an educated decision... let's get this "Active" Show on the Road!!! :cool:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Excellent - thank you! I just grabbed the pictures and will crop them in Photoshop then re-post here if you don't mind, giving credit to Sammobile!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to DesertN0mad and Sammobile - first REAL pictures (not renders) of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active! Click on his link above for more info...

galaxy-s8-active-fr.jpg galaxy-s8-active-bk.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty