Galaxy S8 Active - Pre-Order / Order Discussion!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the S8, can't justify another phone so soon :-(.
Maybe I'll be patient next year and wait for the S9 active...

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Planning on getting one here also. I was already going to switch to Att from Verizon. Once I heard the active was coming I decided to wait until Friday to switch. I hope the stores have one in stock for me to grab. Looking forward to it. Had the S8 twice but didn't like the curved screen. This is perfect for me. Looking forward to it.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Planning on getting one here also. I was already going to switch to Att from Verizon. Once I heard the active was coming I decided to wait until Friday to switch. I hope the stores have one in stock for me to grab. Looking forward to it. Had the S8 twice but didn't like the curved screen. This is perfect for me. Looking forward to it.

I was with Verizon for WELL over 20 years stemming back to when I had to get a cell phone for work. I got DirecTV at home and had been getting more and more dissatisfied with VZW and their... arrogance for lack of a better word. DirecTV (had just been purchased by AT&T) and was offering quite a deal to switch cellular so I finally made the move about two years ago. I've been totally happy ever since. I even switched the house to AT&T Wireless Home from Verizon wired... thrilled with the service and pricing since! All in one bill too!

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on getting one to replace my S5 Active. I could order online, but I really want to hold the phone in my hand first, so I'll probably go by the AT&T store this weekend.

I do dread getting the new phone set up, though. It's always more of a hassle than I'm expecting.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got it over lunch. Samsung Smart Switch made it quiet easy to move stuff to the new phone. Will still have to customize settings (like the screen shutting down too darn fast), but so far, so good.

Put a Body Guard tempered glass screen protector and a Body Guard case on it and I'm good to go.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Got it over lunch. Samsung Smart Switch made it quiet easy to move stuff to the new phone. Will still have to customize settings (like the screen shutting down too darn fast), but so far, so good.

Put a Body Guard tempered glass screen protector and a Body Guard case on it and I'm good to go.

Congratulations... take a couple of days a then please give us a brief review if you could? I think there's a few of us that would REALLY appreciate it!!!

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Can you post pics of it in the case?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

Isn't part of the reason to get the active to not need a case?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Not totally. I mean it's got better durability etc.. but it's still susceptible to scratches and dings.

Fair enough. For me, it just seems like it adds so much bulk to an already bulky phone. If I'm going to get a case, I'd just get the regular S8. But I guess if you really want the flat screen and bigger battery and are okay with the bulk, then go for it. Personally, if I go for the S8 active, it would only be if I thought I could get away without a case with it. Again, just can't imagine having the bulk of it and a case inside my pocket.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. For me, it just seems like it adds so much bulk to an already bulky phone. If I'm going to get a case, I'd just get the regular S8. But I guess if you really want the flat screen and bigger battery and are okay with the bulk, then go for it. Personally, if I go for the S8 active, it would only be if I thought I could get away without a case with it. Again, just can't imagine having the bulk of it and a case inside my pocket.

You do... what you want. We're just answering your question.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't really get the case for protection and it's really not that bulky. I got it because the phone is too slick for me otherwise. I want to grab the phone and not worry about it slipping out of my hand. I did the same with my S5 Active. If I was looking for a phone to take to Starbucks or the Opera, I'd choose the S8 without a case. However, I want something I can take hunting, fishing, cycling, and to the soccer pitch and not have to worry about it getting hurt - for that reason, I choose the Active.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I didn't really get the case for protection and it's really not that bulky. I got it because the phone is too slick for me otherwise. I want to grab the phone and not worry about it slipping out of my hand. I did the same with my S5 Active. If I was looking for a phone to take to Starbucks or the Opera, I'd choose the S8 without a case. However, I want something I can take hunting, fishing, cycling, and to the soccer pitch and not have to worry about it getting hurt - for that reason, I choose the Active.

Makes sense.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No need to get defensive. Wasn't trying to tell anybody what to do. I appreciated an answer being provided, and I just thought I'd share my opinion on as well.

I wasn't getting defensive... I was simply stating a fact Ics! That's the trouble with typing... there's no way to hear, see or feel the attitude or emotion that's going into a statement or sentence.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't getting defensive... I was simply stating a fact Ics! That's the trouble with typing... there's no way to hear, see or feel the attitude or emotion that's going into a statement or sentence.

Interpreting tone can certainly be an issue. My apologies. Clearly I read your post as being defensive when it was not your intent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87