S8 Active Cases

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, even "rugged" phones benefit from a case( and screen protector ) .

Anybody come across nice cases yet? Post your favorite case/s you found. Pic's of the S8 Active with a case would be great too!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I emailed I-Blason about an hour ago - I have their Unicorn Beetle Clear (Black) case on my S7 Active and love it. It looks almost identical to the phone... like a second skin. However, they show no signs today of any activity towards the S8 Active so I asked. No reply as yet... I'll post when they do. It's a really nice case!

UB_Clear.jpg

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I emailed I-Blason about an hour ago - I have their Unicorn Beetle Clear (Black) case on my S7 Active and love it. It looks almost identical to the phone... like a second skin. However, they show no signs today of any activity towards the S8 Active so I asked. No reply as yet... I'll post when they do. It's a really nice case!

View attachment 265585

Yeah, let us know if you hear anything. I have the same case and phone now. Really like it.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Speck put out a clear case for the S8 Active. They had it at AT&T but I didn't buy it. I might go back and buy it this weekend.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, let us know if you hear anything. I have the same case and phone now. Really like it.

Those corners are padded great - I've dropped the phone and it's landed on one corner and then cartwheeled for about three revolutions and come up with no damage!!!

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Guess I need a screen protector for it. Already noticed some little scratches on the screen. Weird, because my S8+ doesn't have a screen protector and it has zero scratches.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the Bodyguardz Ace Pro because that is what they had at AT&T when I picked up the phone. Fits fine, looks great, however the buttons on the side of the phone are too subtle. It is difficult, without looking, to know which button is which. I'll likely change the case as soon as I can.

Body Glove tempered glass screen protector is really nice and barely noticeable.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Speck put out a clear case for the S8 Active. They had it at AT&T but I didn't buy it. I might go back and buy it this weekend.

I ran speck cases on my S3. Not a clear one, the hard/soft composite cases. They lasted a few months then started to disintegrate, the hard plastic would crack at the thin spots. I got a homogeneous body glove case from the ATT store when I picked up the S6 active. 2 years later it looks new. I'll be looking for another like that.

JORENO

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have watched a few review on the S8 Active. The biggest concern was that the Gorilla Glass glass has a plastic coating and scratches very easy. Number 1 suggestion was to put on a tempered glass screen protector. Bought two phones and two screen protectors. Pretty pricey at $40 each.

jbadowski

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Att sells tempered glass protectors at the store. 40 bucks but come with a lifetime warranty. you have to register it. if it gets damaged they will replace the glass for the life of the phone. hence the 40 dollar price tag

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked up one of these from Amazon a couple weeks ago. Buttons are much better than the other case I had.

Ordered the UB Pro for my Note 8 but iBlasson is inundated with orders - it was supposed to be here between 9/13 and 9/15 so I'd have it when I picked up my Note 8 on the 15th. WRONG - delayed until the 21st now! Had to buy a cheap plastic no-name case at AT&T for $34 just to bring it home in!

Dunno.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the UB Pro for my Note 8 but iBlasson is inundated with orders - it was supposed to be here between 9/13 and 9/15 so I'd have it when I picked up my Note 8 on the 15th. WRONG - delayed until the 21st now! Had to buy a cheap plastic no-name case at AT&T for $34 just to bring it home in!

View attachment 268937

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! A DHL Update... looks like my case should be here Saturday!
DHL_Update.jpg
...I had to get creative with the "TO" address so as not to publish my address for the whole world to see!!!
Laugh_1a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa