How to root Galaxy s8 active (android 8.0)... help?!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Model # SM-G892A
Android version 8.0.0

I am having such a hard time finding anything.. any help would be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This is one way. The reason it's so difficult is that Samsung makes it additionally difficult to root AT&T and Verizon versions of everything (per the carriers' orders). I believe this may be a Nougat ROM, but other than KingRoot, it's the only rooting I could find for the 982A. (And Kingroot may or may not steal your data - we don't know.) AT&T Samsungs haven't been easy to root since 2013.

Oh, take the USB 3.0 warning seriously. The Pixel 2 has the same problem and I bricked one that way (but they're trivial to unbrick - Samsung isn't). An older computer with a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port and a 2.0 hub will work. (Even a 3.0 port, a microUSB cable and a microUSB to Type C adapter might work.)

mspants

May 24, 2019
Visit site
This is one way. The reason it's so difficult is that Samsung makes it additionally difficult to root AT&T and Verizon versions of everything (per the carriers' orders). I believe this may be a Nougat ROM, but other than KingRoot, it's the only rooting I could find for the 982A. (And Kingroot may or may not steal your data - we don't know.) AT&T Samsungs haven't been easy to root since 2013.

Oh, take the USB 3.0 warning seriously. The Pixel 2 has the same problem and I bricked one that way (but they're trivial to unbrick - Samsung isn't). An older computer with a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port and a 2.0 hub will work. (Even a 3.0 port, a microUSB cable and a microUSB to Type C adapter might work.)

I also have a S8 active. i dont know anything about rooting a phone. is there a good link to some more information on doing this?