Samsung 360 camera

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered the Samsung 360 camera through Tmpbile. Should have by Thursday. Anyone else have one?

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the camera. I hope for your sake the one you get will connect to your computer and somehow do the magical registration with actiondirector. I have been trying for days now to get actiondirector to open but there is no product key with the camera and when you contact Samsung support you get passed around 9 times for an hour and a half or until you decide to hang up and have to go do important stuff. Part of my issue is my old computer but I shouldn't need the camera to connect to my pc to unlock the program where there is clearly a pass code being asked for.

Without the program, which from what I can tell I will not be using much, I have enjoyed using the camera. It seems blah to a lot of people I show it to but for me it's really fun and exciting. I have actually posted 360 pictures to Google Street View and once I can find an app or free program to make tiny planets I will be doing those.

Get yourself at least a small tripod mount, do not rely on the hemorrhoid donut that comes with the camera. The camera will eventually squirt out of the donut and fall over. I will eventually get some kind of car mount for mine as well.

If you go into the phone pictures stickie on the main S8 & S8+ page on page 47 you can see a video I shot with the camera. It's not good, cause I suck at picture and video taking but it was a lot of fun to do. I will get a mini sdcard that is more appropriate for video recording but of course the ones I have been looking at are waaaay a bit out of my range at the moment.

There is a forum section for the camera on AC but no posts on it. I am hoping we can maybe make a stickie in the near future for pictures and videos taken with the 360 here in the S8 section.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a high speed don't sdxc memory card for the 360 camera when it arrives. Will be interesting to check it out. We have older laptops at home but I was planning on doing most sharing with the camera through my 8+.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I ended up returning the 360. I was really not happy with it aside from it overheating 7 minutes into the first video and just the way video quality and viewing was.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87