Camera broken on arrival

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my brand new S24U from Samsung direct yesterday and got it all set up. Went to use the camera and got a warning camera failed message. Text support ran me through steps but nothing worked. Went to Samsung repair and after they tested it, said the top rear camera module was bad. Called Samsung to get a replacement sent out. They informed me they do not send replacements out and I would have to send return my whole order and order again (with my new watch 6 classic).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Got my brand new S24U from Samsung direct yesterday and got it all set up. Went to use the camera and got a warning camera failed message. Text support ran me through steps but nothing worked. Went to Samsung repair and after they tested it, said the top rear camera module was bad. Called Samsung to get a replacement sent out. They informed me they do not send replacements out and I would have to send return my whole order and order again (with my new watch 6 classic).
Oh man sorry to hear that

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
U have to reorder ?
Or replacement?
S24 ULTRA IS MUST BUY
Only can do a return and then reorder. Looking at a Feb 21st ship date if I did that now. Probably just keep my s21u. Loved the flat screen and the 512gb of storage. But I didnt get to compare camera pics with the s21u since the camera was broken. Might just wait now till the s25 and see what it has.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Only can do a return and then reorder. Looking at a Feb 21st ship date if I did that now. Probably just keep my s21u. Loved the flat screen and the 512gb of storage. But I didnt get to compare camera pics with the s21u since the camera was broken. Might just wait now till the s25 and see what it has.

Nawww, go ahead and reorder. The 21st isn't that far away...unless u were on the fence about the s24u anyway. One possible silver lining is you have the opportunity to watch more in depth reviews of the users here and on YT. Kinks ironed out, updates...Maybe not all bad, just inconvenient.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Awww thats a shame, a big dent in your new phone experience!
I had an issue recently with my Watch 6 Classic band de-laminating after a few months, they said ship the whole watch back!
It's annoying but I ain't sending the watch back in for a band issue.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm sorry to see that you got an effective unit but I'm sure the next one's going to be to your liking and you get to enjoy it..