Then when phone is switched off and restarted all pics on SDC card have vanished , took card out and tried it on the computer and no problems found I ca copy pics to card .
    Have formatted card , unmounted and mounted etc , and still cant get pics to save on card when phone is restarted
    08-17-2021 04:00 PM
    Have you nevertheless tried another card? That would help diagnose the trouble.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-17-2021 04:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the card from? If it was anywhere besides a reputable retailer (like some random eBay seller), then there's a fairly high chance that it's a counterfeit card. Read this: How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed
    08-17-2021 07:40 PM
    Have the pics completely disappeared or are they just no longer on the SD card?

Through what app are you viewing your pics? Google Photos, File Manager, Gallery....?

Are you using an automated backup service? If not I highly recommend that you do. If you are you may need to check the settings to see if it is also auto cleaning up your storage.

When do you notice that they are gone? You mention after a restart but do they ever disappear seemingly randomly even without a restart?

Have you noticed other types of files disappearing from the card?

It kind of sounds like you have enabled a backup service, like Google Photos or AT&T Photo Storage, that removes images from the SD after backing them up. This may make them invisible in other apps as many apps don't access to your cloud based storage or may require permission or user information to do so. This may make it seem like the pics have disappeared when really they are just backed up to another location. If you're not loosing other file types on SD I would find it difficult to believe that only pics are being deleted. I can think of two ways that files might be disappearing from the SD card. The first would be if the card was being reformatted. If the card was being formatted each time you restart the phone then more than pics would be missing and it should be kind of obvious if you look at the card on a PC after a restart. The other way I can imagine files disappearing would be because of an app or service. A storage saver app might see the files as clutter or even temporary and delete them upon restart as part of its effort to ensure you don't run out of storage space, except in this case the files are not either. Or because of a backup service that frees space as items are backed up. If you're using the former I would probably discontinue use of that app either by deleting it or disabling it in your app list. The latter on the other hand can be a useful, even good, app to have.

Let us know what you find and what you're using for more advice.
    08-17-2021 10:23 PM
    If you can try save them to the computer before they disappear
    08-17-2021 11:42 PM
    RE above my card is a 32GB Kingston and was working fine in my old phone , the pics are saving ok until the phone is restarted , I then notice the file on the card has disappeared from the mem card when phone is restarted , but as soon as I take a new photo the file comes back on the mem card and will work ok until the phone is restarted .also tried card in wifes phone and no problems found , I've even done a factory reset and that has done no good at all , anyway thanks for reply's , appreciated thanks
    08-18-2021 03:35 PM
    Some of the older Samsungs are notorious for having issues with non-Samsung SD cards, a simple fact. When I transferred my Micro Center SDHC card from the Note 5 to S8+, the card came up blank within a day or so. Wouldn't read, wouldn't format again, it was like it was fried. I replaced that card with a Samsung 32 gig card, and haven't had a problem since.

BTW @deezel990, I edited you as the OP of the post so you get the appropriate credit for it. Also moved the thread to the appropriate subforum. Welcome to Android Central!
    08-18-2021 03:42 PM
    32 GB not mb using google photos and gallery not using any back ups at the moment , card works OK on computer I tried pasting files to it and they are there on PC restart
    08-18-2021 03:46 PM
    32 GB not mb using google photos and gallery not using any back ups at the moment , card works OK on computer I tried pasting files to it and they are there on PC restart
    I fixed that on your post. If you need to edit, tap the pencil at the upper right of your post.
    08-18-2021 03:51 PM
    If the card is old, it might also be starting to fail. SD cards are really cheap these days, so it might be best to get a new one (especially if you rely on your SD card to save important data).
    08-18-2021 03:54 PM
    Since you are able to access those pics using a PC but it's not working out on just on your phone, that would indicate the problem is not so much your microSD card is failing but rather some other related issue.

Did you format that card in your phone? Or did you use a desktop/laptop? If in a computer what file system did you select during the formatting process. To use that card as a typical transfer media between different devices, you have to use with FAT32 or exFAT. If for example you used NTFS, your phone won't be able to detect that since Android does not support NTFS media.. Also, if you opted to use a different block size than the default that will also cause problems.
    08-18-2021 06:06 PM
    Many thanks for all who helped, today I bought a 32 Gig Samsung Evo plus card and phone is actually saving pics now when rebooted
    funny thing is I put the old card back in my old S4 and it worked no problem

Thanks again regards John
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-19-2021 03:19 PM