T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Champppy's post had me change my delivery location from the customer center to a UPS store

You do know that the customer center is where the phone will be first when it gets to your town/city? If you want it fast, that's the fastest option. The ups store is next if you want it later. I picked my local customer center because I can pick it up at 8AM. I said local because that's where all my stuff usually go before it gets on the truck.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You do know that the customer center is where the phone will be first when it gets to your town/city? If you want it fast, that's the fastest option. The ups store is next if you want it later. I picked my local customer center because I can pick it up at 8AM. I said local because that's where all my stuff usually go before it gets on the truck.

yeah, but the Customer Center is like 30 minutes away from me, whereas the UPS store is right in between my house and work

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
You may not have been trying to be rude, but you were. Not only that, but I did present proof whether you liked what I gave you or not is up to you. Not everyone on the internet are liars.

And yes I did receive and pick up my Galaxy S8+ just now at UPS. Want proof? (Never thought I had to do this to prove I'm not lying for a phone) Here it is:

Awesome! Congrats dude.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been refreshing like a madman and as of 6am today it arrived at the closest UPS hub, which is 10 miles away from me. I expected to see it out for delivery and then it updated with a "Destination Scan" and it says there was a requested delivery change. The crappy part is that I'm also awaiting my girlfriend's Iphone 7 Plus which followed a similar timeline and is currently on the truck for delivery today. If I request to pick my phone up from the UPS hub, anyone have any idea how soon I can do so?

Capture.PNG

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to champppy!

Well, on this end, I got yet another UPS notification...as my excitement mounts...I discover that my Pampers order was just delivered.

Oh, very exciting.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
yeah, but the Customer Center is like 30 minutes away from me, whereas the UPS store is right in between my house and work

yeah it might be closer...but in reality might add an extra day to get your phone. Most UPS stores only get a delivery once a day. So if they deliver it to a UPS store at say 3PM....by the time the store employees get it in the system for you to pick it up it might by the next day until it is available.

fuyuki101

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to this site and pre-order the s8 back in end of March. I just have some questions regarding T-mobile Samsung S8. I am coming from SAMSUNG S4 and the sim card is different than S8. Will T-mobile ship a new sim card along with S8 or do I need to order a new sim card kit for the phone?

Thanks

anon(9676543)

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

My package (shipping box) was damaged a little and the S8+ box was slightly bent so everyone should check and make sure nothing is damaged for them when they receive the package.

I am doing the data transfer from the S7 edge so still can't use it!

First impressions: phone looks good, BUT, unlike last year, I didn't receive anything to redeem my Gear VR (like a separate sheet).

https://promos.samsung.com/infinitelyimmersive

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to this site and pre-order the s8 back in end of March. I just have some questions regarding T-mobile Samsung S8. I am coming from SAMSUNG S4 and the sim card is different than S8. Will T-mobile ship a new sim card along with S8 or do I need to order a new sim card kit for the phone?

Thanks

Yes. I've always a card in the box.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
champppy I contacted T-mobile and they sent me an email with instructions for when I do receive my s8+. You may have to do the same.

Hi @Ds Note 2 Sprint:

I'm confused.

Why is there all this thinking and talk about having to "do" something special when we receive our S8/S8+?

For every single phone in the past, I would either use the Samsung Smart Transfer app, and as a result, essentially using NFC to communicate between the old phone and the new phone, and voila, the new phone has virtually all the data of the old phone and will be "sync'd" properly.

Why is this time any different, may I please ask?Con

Confused.

anon(9676543)

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks

I remember a new sim card was shipped with the Note7 so I'd bet ila new sim will come in the box with your S8.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember a new sim card was shipped with the Note7 so I'd bet ila new sim will come in the box with your S8.

Is there any reason that we would need to use a NEW SIM card rather than taking the existing SIM from our S7 Edge and putting that nano SIM into the S8+?

i don't understand why there's all this talk about needing a new SIM card all of a sudden here.

thanks for your anticipated clarification.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You may not have been trying to be rude, but you were. Not only that, but I did present proof whether you liked what I gave you or not is up to you. Not everyone on the internet are liars.

And yes I did receive and pick up my Galaxy S8+ just now at UPS. Want proof? (Never thought I had to do this to prove I'm not lying for a phone) Here it is:

Congrats! Why can't I ever be the person who accidentally gets theirs early? Be sure to head over to the promotions website to claim your Gear VR and additional headphones if you're planning on it, enjoy!

anon(9676543)

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Is there any reason that we would need to use a NEW SIM card rather than taking the existing SIM from our S7 Edge and putting that nano SIM into the S8+?

i don't understand why there's all this talk about needing a new SIM card all of a sudden here.

thanks for your anticipated clarification.

The person who asked the question has the old bigger sim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non