T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to make sense of how it all works over here in the states.

For background, I'm not long moved here to California from London. Back in the U.K. whenever I have bought from Samsung in the past, you get it sim free and unlocked.

Here, even though I bought from Samsung directly, it asked which network I'll be using it. Does this mean they will be sending me a T-Mobile sim locked version and will it have their bloat ware on it?

Kinda bummed about the wifi calling thing. I have rubbish cell reception at home so use T-Mobile wifi calling but am reading that units bought from Samsung won't work on wifi calling (?!)

I couldn't buy direct from T-Mobile as I have not built up enough credit history yet to get a contract (I'm on prepay) and they wouldn't let me preorder one without an agreement. Argh.
It's the unlocked version that may not have WiFi calling. The T-Mobile version purchased from Samsung is identical to what you would buy directly from T-Mobile.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess i prefer the financing options through samsung, the fact that I don't have to worry about the gift promotion things. I've had issues with tmobile online orders and getting the promotion bundle things. From samsung it is registered and what not right away

Also this better gives me an option if/when the note 8 comes out to finance that through t-mobile and maybe gift or sell the S8+. Plus the possibility of receiving the phone a couple days earlier would be great.

Maybe not the best of reasons but, thought it made sense at the time.
This has got me thinking ahead for the Note8 now. So, you buy from Samsung on a line of credit. You can sell it whenever you want and pay off the balance and get the next one, correct? For the S8+, in a year you'd owe $420 and could easily sell it for that much.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This has got me thinking ahead for the Note8 now. So, you buy from Samsung on a line of credit. You can sell it whenever you want and pay off the balance and get the next one, correct? For the S8+, in a year you'd owe $420 and could easily sell it for that much.
I didn't use Samsung Finance but it looks like any other credit card or line of credit. No problem with early payoff.

I used PayPal which was 0% for 12 months only because I didn't feel like signing up for Samsung Finance that I may or may not ever use again.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention that you would probably get another hard pull on your credit report when applying through Samsung. Another option, if priced the same, is buying from Best Buy with your carrier. They usually run free financing for a certain number of months. Also since it's technically on a Visa/MasterCard Best Buy card you would probably qualify for Visa/MasterCard extended protection.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
anyone believing that TMobile will ship out the S8/S8+ tomorrow, Sunday, April 9th?

someone mentioned that yesterday.

i remain doubtful but hopeful.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Wth did you hear that? Seems awful early but hey that woukd be awesome!

check out the comments over at TmoNews

that said, another way to look at it is how the recent brand new LG phone a few weeks ago got released a full 2 weeks prior to the stated available date! a full 2 weeks!

that's a LOT earlier than typical, but it actually did happen - i know someone who had the phone that much earlier.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
check out the comments over at TmoNews

that said, another way to look at it is how the recent brand new LG phone a few weeks ago got released a full 2 weeks prior to the stated available date! a full 2 weeks!

that's a LOT earlier than typical, but it actually did happen - i know someone who had the phone that much earlier.
T mobile rep had also said the G6s shipped very early. Would be super if they did:)

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
T mobile rep had also said the G6s shipped very early. Would be super if they did:)

Let's not forget that many of us received our S7 Edges last year around 5 days earlier as well.

True, 5 days isn't quite 10 days, but still, it shows that TMobile isn't that concerned about shipping out the latest flagship phones early. That's a fact.

Since there's already talk about how Canada is getting their S8/S8+ phones earlier, then...we may continue with our wishful thinking, however scant the evidence is thus far.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Let's not forget that many of us received our S7 Edges last year around 5 days earlier as well.

True, 5 days isn't quite 10 days, but still, it shows that TMobile isn't that concerned about shipping out the latest flagship phones early. That's a fact.

Since there's already talk about how Canada is getting their S8/S8+ phones earlier, then...we may continue with our wishful thinking, however scant the evidence is thus far.

I got my S7 edge on February 29th last year. That was almost 2 weeks prior to the March 11th release. That being said, I think this launch will be following the Note 7 timeline.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my S7 edge on February 29th last year. That was almost 2 weeks prior to the March 11th release. That being said, I think this launch will be following the Note 7 timeline.
@mikef91:

may i ask what is the "Note 7 timeline"?

i don't recall as i got the S7 Edge and never was interested in the Note 7.

thanks in advance for your clarification.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I will get mine on the 21st. I say that because if I say any earlier I will jinx myself... I hope all the rest of y'all get it next week!!!!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think I will get mine on the 21st. I say that because if I say any earlier I will jinx myself... I hope all the rest of y'all get it next week!!!!!
Would love to see it early. I will use MyUps to hold for pickup so depending I may leave work early or go in a little late once it shows at the ups terminal for pickup

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Would love to see it early. I will use MyUps to hold for pickup so depending I may leave work early or go in a little late once it shows at the ups terminal for pickup
I'll have mine held as well at the customer center. Go in to work late so I can pick it up at 9am and be one of the first to register for the promos

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty