Disable Bixby?

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Me too Kirk! Nothing for or against Bixby here I just hate the danged button going off every time I touch the phone.
Package Disabler Pro is great.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
the jury is still out on bixby (the thing has not even been fully turned on) but to be honest i have never hit that button by mistake. Not sure why so many folks are triggering it by accident.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Cool idea.

Is root or dangerous permissions needed?

Is Bixby button fully disabled then?

Any place else those packages used?
No root or permissions needed. Yes, it completely disables the Bixby Button and can also get rid of the Camera Bixby function. You can easily turn everything back on.

robav

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Because many of us won't use it. Why would I want a dedicated button for something I'll NEVER use and may fire off when I don't want it to? I don't need Bixby on top of Google Assistant.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Because many of us won't use it. Why would I want a dedicated button for something I'll NEVER use and may fire off when I don't want it to? I don't need Bixby on top of Google Assistant.
It's designed for Samsung's benefit, you're just the customer.

Last edited:

Ematt454

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Because its intrusive as F! Too many times im watchin a,video from FB and go to adust tbe volume and Bixpy takes over. I swipe back out and my video/page is gone. I alhave never owned anything but Android. Bixby is soooooo irritating that if is is not removed or changed i will be an Iphone user on my next run. Bixby makes me HATE my 8+

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Because its intrusive as F! Too many times im watchin a,video from FB and go to adust tbe volume and Bixpy takes over. I swipe back out and my video/page is gone. I alhave never owned anything but Android. Bixby is soooooo irritating that if is is not removed or changed i will be an Iphone user on my next run. Bixby makes me HATE my 8+
I know how you feel. I'm seriously looking at the V30 or other phone to leave this S8 behind. I love the S8 but Bixby kills that to the point that I'm going to leave Samsung. I would not care if we could turn Bixby off and remap the button but having it forced on me is a no go, and to the point of leaving years of being a Samsung owner behind.

Robert Jones17

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Break out the tinfoil hat and quit taking nudes then.. like your photos and other information isn't already being monitored by Google Facebook, apps, wireless network providers and so on.

Oh, well that's alright then. "We're already living in a total surveillance society beyond Orwell's worst nightmares, so your paranoid fears about Big Brother are ridiculous, you nutter."

I'm hoping that this is satire and I just missed the sarcastic tone, because otherwise *you* are mentally ill, and frighteningly so. Please don't mistake that for an insult - I mean it in all sincerity (and sincere horror). The twisted, self-contradictory "logic" that you just displayed is not the product of a sane, healthy mind.

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Samsung responded and made it easy to turn off.

Still can't remap button, shame.

I won't use Google Assistant and too often a swipe or tap has inadvertently brought up setup screen for GA.

IPahwa

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung responded and made it easy to turn off.

Still can't remap button, shame.

I won't use Google Assistant and too often a swipe or tap has inadvertently brought up setup screen for GA.

Yes, you can remap the bixby button. I have been using an app called bx actions for a while and it works flawlessly. Look it up on the play store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty