Will the 8+ have better battery life than the 8?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The 8+ has the larger battery, but how much will it be negated by the larger screen eating it up? In the end, will it have battery battery life, or will they likely be similar?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You should do a factory reset and restore with Samsung Cloud. I was having battery issues on my S7 Edge but after I did a factory reset battery was subperb

I'm on my second S7e for this reason. Battery life was improved back to what I'd consider normal after the Nougat update, but now I'm back down to pathetic.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second S7e for this reason. Battery life was improved back to what I'd consider normal after the Nougat update, but now I'm back down to pathetic.
Guarantee you a factory reset will fix it... Also check and see whats draining ur battery from battery settings

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Guarantee you a factory reset will fix it... Also check and see whats draining ur battery from battery settings

I had a brand new phone when I got my second one and no luck. I figure I'll have a new phone in 3 weeks so I won't bother going through the PITA of a FDR. Wireless charging is also extra fritzy. It will just randomly stop charging on the same charger that its been charging on no problem. And then start again a month later. Can't wait to get rid of the phone. I've never had so much hate for such a good phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If the S8 could get 3 1/2 hrs SOT I'll be good with that. I'm getting about 4 on my S7e now. I don't know about that 6 hrs though. I doubt it's gonna happen with the S8 plus.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
That's certainly not normal under typical usage.

I agree, and I think I definitely fit in the typical usage category. I've had a bunch of problems with both S7E's I've had. As I've said, I've never had so much hate for such a good phone. Can't wait to get rid of it. Hopefully the S8 is back to the reliability I had with my 2 N7's. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree, and I think I definitely fit in the typical usage category. I've had a bunch of problems with both S7E's I've had. As I've said, I've never had so much hate for such a good phone. Can't wait to get rid of it. Hopefully the S8 is back to the reliability I had with my 2 N7's. :)

That reminds me of my lg g4. The worst high end phone I have ever owned.