S8 DAC vs Boomsound

KhanofLegend

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
How does Samsung's DAC solution stack up against rivals like HTC Boomsound and LG? Curious since Samsung is including those AKG buds in the box.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
How does Samsung's DAC solution stack up against rivals like HTC Boomsound and LG? Curious since Samsung is including those AKG buds in the box.

I'm also curious.

I suspect it's at least as good as the Note 7, which we knew plenty about. I would also suspect the G6 (in the US) is as good as the Note 7.

If Qualcomm made any impovements to the DAC in the 835 then the S8 should be better, even if "better" can only be discerned by measuring equipment and not our ears.

I do know that to me the Note 7 sounded noticeably better than the S7.

I hope my gibberish helped a little. :p

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
The further complication is that the answer will be different for Snapdragon and Exynos versions. It's not just the DAC though, the quality of the amp is important. I would be very curious to hear a comparison between the Exynos S8 (as that's almost certainly the version we'll get here in the UK) and the HTC 10, but guess will have to wait until the devices reach people's hands.

Trader05

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about this too. Hopefully its leaps and bounds over the Pixel's 821 DAC. The biggest annoyance is not having good clarity and volume loud enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo