Android or Samsung Pay?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have Android Pay disabled because Samsung Pay is all I need. If your bank does not work with Samsung Pay then that is a different story.

I am happy that Samsung is working to get online payments incorporated as well. Then I will be able to really rack up the Samsung Rewards.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'm on s5, and it's not on it, so never have looked into it.
Didn't have the note 7 long enough to check it out. 😢

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Awesome to know guys!!!!!

I've always used Apple Pay but only about 10% of the time since everyone says they don't accept it lol.

I can't wait to get my S8+ and start using SP!
Whats so nice..you dont have to ask if they take it. If you see a reader where you would slide a card (or insert a chip card) 99% chance it'll work. Its even worked at a self car wash for me, and at an OLD keyboard register at a mall store

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Besides the simplicity of using SP if you carry your phone in your pocket you don't have to worry about lose change scratching your phone.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I've had good luck since starting to use it last week, but I went to Home Depot this weekend and it no worky. I tried with NFC on and off...both times it gave the cashier an error message, something like "card number not present".

My main credit card is Discover, which apparently has no intention of working with Samsung Pay. Might be in the market for a new card. :cool:

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have also had problems at Home Depot. Everywhere else it works great.

I shop at Lowe's (usually self checkout) and usually have issues. I've learned that if I let it fail twice, it always works the third time. Not sure what's going on there, but it's consistent.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had good luck since starting to use it last week, but I went to Home Depot this weekend and it no worky. I tried with NFC on and off...both times it gave the cashier an error message, something like "card number not present".

My main credit card is Discover, which apparently has no intention of working with Samsung Pay. Might be in the market for a new card. :cool:
Over half the reason I changed banks was bwcause of samsung paylol

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Over half the reason I changed banks was bwcause of samsung paylol
Alright, you convinced me. (It was hard work, wasn't it?) Just applied for a new card from my credit union, gonna stop using Discover. Better cash back, better interest rate, and will work with Samsung Pay. Should have done this a while ago.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
OK, as a convert from Apple Pay, I know both my credit and debit cards can use Samsung Pay, so I can't wait to give this a go. Apple Pay was so unreliable that I stopped using it completely.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Good info in this thread. I've always been reluctant to use mobile pay but I'm going to try it out on my S8.

For convenience and security, jump in, the water's great. All those times you've read about stores having data breaches or skimmers stealing card info? If you're using a mobile wallet, you don't have to worry.