Changing the clock layout on lock screen

midgo

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Turn on notifications for the lock screen. Don't select any apps if you don't want them though. This changes the clock layout to 00:00.

This doesn't work.
I haven't been able to find a theme that works either since the August update.
Something has changed:///

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
to change the wallpaper on the lock screen to your own follow this.

open Samsung Themes.
scroll My Wallpaper selection at the top until you get + at the end.
tap +
You will then see your wallpaper as tiles, top left is From Gallery.
Tap that.
Choose your pic from your gallery.
Hit the lock screen icon on the bottom.
Move the picture to adjust as required.
Hit set as wallpaper.
Done.

kev

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What version of nougat are you on.
It does not work on 7.1.1 used on the note 8...
False alarm, it worked yesterday and when I checked it today it reverted back to the original funky clock display. I'm running 7.0

C LaBelle

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Basic layouts like this should be available for such an advanced device. The answer for basic things like this shouldn't be "there's an app/theme for that". Small details like this shouldn't be missing from the OS.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Basic layouts like this should be available for such an advanced device. The answer for basic things like this shouldn't be "there's an app/theme for that". Small details like this shouldn't be missing from the OS.
Completely agree, especially since the AOD clock offers many configurations, you'd think Sammy gave thought to this need on the Security screen. Or at the very least have the SEC screen clock mimic the AOD screen... Just saying.... Especially since my AOD is set to off.

Richie Rodon Jr

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering this myself. I only was able to change the always on clock but the lock screen is always the same .

I went with my Mom who is in her 60s to make sure she didn't get ripped off by the salesman, and the way he did it the way it appears in magazines and in commercials with the two digits for the hour and the 2 for the minute on top of one another was for the only way for him to apply that setting and have it come up when you press the power key or volume rocker keys was to set the phones FONT settings to HUGE.
Which is a bummer cause HUGE just isn't feasible for the way and for the company I use and need my phone for. Having the FONT on HUGE shouldn't be the only way but unless they roll out a patch, which I don't think they will over a manner so miniscule, its best to wait for a stable ad free app that isn't a memory hog or malware or anything like that mess that comes with apps that promise the world and kill your phone!!!
Hope this helps
BTW This was at an AT&T Store in August of 2017

Obehave81

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
Only way to get rid of the annoyance of the lock screen clock is if you choose to have no lock screen at all. Although this isn't exactly safe. :)

kendallgolden

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Is there a way to change the clock display on the lock screen on an S8? I've looked in settings and I can't find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I changed my phone theme to 'simple black line' which changed the lock clock to horizontal. Then I changed the icon theme back to original! It all worked out! You just cant change the lock screen image but you can change your home screen image :D:D