New to Android and just got the S8+. All my photos are backed up to google photos. I want to upload one of those photos on my phone but it takes me to gallery (which is empty) is there a way to change my default app to google photos instead of gallery?
    04-20-2017 01:01 PM
    Just hold on the photo you want and you should have a option to save to device, Google photos is not based on your phone so no default to save camera photos there, but any folder on your phone can be used to upload photos to Google automatically
    04-20-2017 01:36 PM
    New to Android and just got the S8+. All my photos are backed up to google photos. I want to upload one of those photos on my phone but it takes me to gallery (which is empty) is there a way to change my default app to google photos instead of gallery?
    What do you mean "you want to upload one of the photo's on my phone" if you dont have any photo's on your phone? In my experience, any photo you take on your phone should show up in both your samsung gallery and google photo's. Is that not happening?
    04-20-2017 02:12 PM
    You can disable the gallery app if you don't went to use it
    04-20-2017 02:43 PM
    This is really as simple as just using google photos instead of the default samsung app. No need to do anything else.
    04-20-2017 03:03 PM
    Here is some information for you on setting up default apps. This is for the S7, but everything is pretty much the sameツ

http://gadgetguideonline.com/s7/sasm...-default-apps/
    ecr80 likes this.
    04-20-2017 03:59 PM
    Since you are new to Android and show interest in Google Photos, here is a nice guide for youツ

http://m.androidcentral.com/google-photos
    04-21-2017 06:50 AM
    Hi, Just got my note 8 and loving it. Like the original post I would like Google Photo as my default app i.e. when posting from within Facebook it presents Samsung Gallery as the default and no option to browse Google Photo. Appreciate if someone could tell me how to change this. Thank you
    ktpupp and Lisa Priddy like this.
    12-27-2017 02:55 PM
    When I want to upload a photo to Facebook or Instagram it goes directly to phone gallery when I prefer using Google photos
    01-06-2018 12:59 PM
    Hi, Just got my note 8 and loving it. Like the original post I would like Google Photo as my default app i.e. when posting from within Facebook it presents Samsung Gallery as the default and no option to browse Google Photo. Appreciate if someone could tell me how to change this. Thank you
    This same problem today. I have had Google photos set as my default for months, but all of a sudden today, apps like messenger and Instagram are only showing my samsung gallery as an option. And in my app manager, Google photos is set as the default. I have been able to upload a Google photos photo while in the Instagram app before. I am so co fused as to why I can't all of a sudden. I have been tinkering with my phone and researching stuff for hours now. I even went into the Verizon store and no one even undrstood what I was talking about.
    02-27-2018 07:08 PM
    This same problem today. I have had Google photos set as my default for months, but all of a sudden today, apps like messenger and Instagram are only showing my samsung gallery as an option. And in my app manager, Google photos is set as the default. I have been able to upload a Google photos photo while in the Instagram app before. I am so co fused as to why I can't all of a sudden. I have been tinkering with my phone and researching stuff for hours now. I even went into the Verizon store and no one even undrstood what I was talking about.
    Any update?
    05-02-2018 11:04 AM
    Same problem here with new LG V30+
    05-06-2018 06:36 PM
    The best thing to do is get a Google Pixel phone.
    07-12-2018 09:17 AM