Hi,

So I got my new Samsung S8 and I switched over to Google Now as I hate TouchWiz and the "phone" app has disappeared? Contacts is there (but I can't dial a phone number only a saved contact) and when I switch back to touchwiz the phone app is there!

I have already tried:

* The apps tray - nothing there at all despite having about 60 apps on my homescreen all working.

* In settings it shows up under system apps but I can't set it as default for calling or put it on my homescreen where it was with my S6 Edge.

* I don't want to use Nova or any other launcher so please don't just suggest this!

* I originally used SmartSwitch to transfer all my content from my S6 Edge across then when I rang Samsung and they couldn't help me I did a factory reset and set the phone up again from scratch as a new device (losing everything as I'd already wiped my S6 ready to sell).

* I've rung Samsung and because it was Google and the S8 is new thety didn't have a clue.

I did see people had similar issues with the S7.

Please can you only rep,y if you have a fix or an idea as I seem to get loads of spam of people just saying stuff like "that's weird" or "I don't have that problem" which isn't helpful.

Thank you.
    04-24-2017 09:46 AM
    Welcome to the forums. This might seem counter intuitive, but you could download a different phone application from Play. Google has one for free that is pretty minimal.

As for why this is happening in your case with the stock app, I am not sure. That shouldn't be something that only the Touchwiz launcher should see.
    04-24-2017 10:00 AM
    Moved from the Galaxy S forum (for the original S phone) to the S8 forum.
    09-27-2017 08:05 PM
    Since it's a Google app, have you tried reaching out to Google? Samsung can't/won't be of much help, since it's not a Samsung app.

I've looked it up on Google Play and it seems it hasn't been updated since 2015. Because of that, it may not be fully compatible with newer phones. Especially, Samsung phones. Samsung completely revamped TouchWiz.
    09-27-2017 10:36 PM