Samsung s8 text message drop down wont reply to group

A

AC Question

When receiving a text message in stock messaging app, you can reply fast by pulling down at the top and typing response and hit reply...however with my group chats, if i receive a message and i try to reply, it only replies to that specific individual and not the group. Does anyone know if this can be changed or do i need to download a different app?

thanks

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Will it reply to everyone if you reply from the text app? In textra there is a setting that I can have replies to to all or just me. I set it to just me because most of the time I don't want to get all the replies from everyone else.

rudds07

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes if i open app, it replies to everyone since it is set to group chat. Its just the notification reply from top at phone that seems to only text just the individual. Seems kind of dumb if they didn't anticipate this.

Andreww2

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am having this exact same issue! I have been looking everywhere for someone with a similar issue. Have you got this fixed?
Also, I had the S8 with AT&T and to my knowledge didn't have this issue at all.
Switched to Verizon and I've noticed this problem. Trying to figure what is causing it.
What carrier do you have?