Stock Samsung apps

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
What do you use for reminders/tasks? For instance, I have bill reminders through google calendar. But if I want to use the samsung calendar and sync my googe account, it only syncs calendar events, not the reminders. There doesn't seem to be an option to sync the reminders either. I would need to create the reminders again. So that means that my events would be synced with my google calendar but my reminders would now need to be synced with my samsung account. Don't really feel like doing that but I'd be willing to try it if the overall experience is better. Hope that makes sense.
I use my Office 365 accounts to handle those, and they sync with the Samsung calendar.

Say what you want about Microsoft, but Exchange is pretty dialed in.

BTW I like your username. :)

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I use Wunderlist for reminders, and they work great on the S3 as far as popping up, snoozing or completing. I dont think you can create one from the S3 with Wunderlist.

Samsung has their own Reminders app now, it is cool looking, but doesn't have a method of scheduling repeating reminders yet

I really like the Samsung Reminders app, my only problem is that when it alerts it is not very aggressive and i find that i do not notice it has gone off.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Samsung Reminders app, my only problem is that when it alerts it is not very aggressive and i find that i do not notice it has gone off.

Same for me, but one cool thing it does that Wunderlist does not do, is that if I restart my phone, while the reminder is still in the Notification area, the reminder pops back up.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Same for me, but one cool thing it does that Wunderlist does not do, is that if I restart my phone, while the reminder is still in the Notification area, the reminder pops back up.

if they make the reminder alarm more agressive and i would like to see the next up reminder show up in the notification drop down. i am currently using BZ Reminder, it is not as elegant as the samsung one and it is missing the location based reminders but it is simple and aggressive.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Are you guys using the stock weather "app". It appears to be some sort of widget that when you click on it takes you to weather.com website.
I installed Weather Underground but I was notified one morning it as using 98% of my cpu. From fully charged to 78% withing 5 mins of unplugging it.

seoseokho

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I read somewhere, an interview with a samsung exec saying Samsung Internet had 400M MAU. At least the browser is being used by a lot of people, it seems.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys using the stock weather "app". It appears to be some sort of widget that when you click on it takes you to weather.com website.
I installed Weather Underground but I was notified one morning it as using 98% of my cpu. From fully charged to 78% withing 5 mins of unplugging it.

Accu weather is a nice alternative, tho the weather.com radar is a bit more detailed.
Would ditch WU if you have identified it as a problem source.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use Wunderlist for reminders, and they work great on the S3 as far as popping up, snoozing or completing. I dont think you can create one from the S3 with Wunderlist.

Samsung has their own Reminders app now, it is cool looking, but doesn't have a method of scheduling repeating reminders yet

i was wrong on this, if you reopen the reminder, it does have a method for repeating reminders

chapa

May 11, 2017
Visit site
If anyone has issues with calendar reminders, check out Calendar Snooze. Completely customizable and very aggressive. I also went to my desktop view for my calendars and in settings made an auto "remind 10 minutes before event" to be added anytime I create an event. Works great!

Not sure if it works with gear though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty