08-14-2017 11:08 PM
188 ... 678
tools
    Just seems like hardware problems. How can so many phones with the same operating system have different issues? I'm talking about phones from the same carrier having different issues. How can that be software?
    Because the system software interacts with the apps on the phone. Even if there's no flaw in the apps, a system-level flaw can have different manifestations depending on what happens to be where in memory, which can depend on the apps.

My guess is a single firmware flaw is causing all of the failures where some component (such as fps or iris scanner) stops working periodically but recovers right away when you reboot (or sometimes the phone reboots itself when the component stops working). I would also guess that if Samsung hasn't fixed it by now, they never will. Sales are still going ok, so they can just keep quiet and ride it out.
    06-10-2017 05:39 AM
    Because the system software interacts with the apps on the phone. Even if there's no flaw in the apps, a system-level flaw can have different manifestations depending on what happens to be where in memory, which can depend on the apps.

My guess is a single firmware flaw is causing all of the failures where some component (such as fps or iris scanner) stops working periodically but recovers right away when you reboot (or sometimes the phone reboots itself when the component stops working). I would also guess that if Samsung hasn't fixed it by now, they never will. Sales are still going ok, so they can just keep quiet and ride it out.
    Seems logical. However, you can take two exact phones from the same carrier that are brand new and have the stock load with no other apps. One will have problems, while the other doesnt.
    06-10-2017 10:23 AM
    All,

My constant rebooting has stabilized since installing a security update yesterday. the update was 300MB + and mentioned it eas meant to address the SD card issue. I'm on Sprint. My phone was always restarting multiple times per hour and after I installed the update late last night, it hasn't rebooted once. Anyone else, experiencing the same?
    VW Maverick likes this.
    06-10-2017 10:32 AM
    Still no problems since launch and have 300 apps installed. Seems my device would be a prime candidate if was a systemic issue. Verizon 8+.
    06-10-2017 09:31 PM
    My Galaxy S8+ has this issue on T-Mobile. It doesn't reboot multiple times per hour like one post mentioned, but it does reboot one or more times multiple days a week. The phone just rebooted by itself a few minutes ago and it rebooted twice yesterday. Does anyone know just how common an issue this is? I pre-ordered the S8+ prior to launch but didn't notice this happening for the first few weeks of ownership. It seems like the reboots are happening infrequently but regularly. Any updates on this situation?
    07-12-2017 07:59 PM
    No problems with reboots so far. I have a Samsung as card inserted.
    07-13-2017 05:19 AM
    My S8 plus has been flawless so far after two months I can't find anything to complain about. No lag or freezing and it's as snappy and fast as it was on the first day. I also don't load any offbeat or junk apps on my device and I do daily cleaning using the maintenance app and a few others. I still can't believe how well this device works its the first Android device that never lagged or froze up on me.
    07-13-2017 07:33 AM
    Had my Verzion 8+ since launch with about 300 apps installed and 6GB free. Still no reboots here. I have with a few Android devices in the past. The craptastic Moto DX2 being one that did- a lot. Returned it.
    07-13-2017 11:57 AM
    It is mostly due to firmware issues. There are cases when faulty hardware also causes the issue. I will recommend you to check below link for troubleshooting and fixing this issue

How to Fix Galaxy S8 Stuck at Samsung Logo in Bootloop? - DeviceBio
    08-11-2017 02:59 AM
    Going on 4 months and never a reboot yet also I don't use a SD card either. The S8 has been the best and flawless device to date for me.
    08-11-2017 06:57 PM
    haven't had this problem with my s8+. SD card is always in it..
    08-11-2017 08:50 PM
    I have had mine since day 1 (VZW Model) -- SD Card (64 GB) has been in it the whole time. No random reboot issues.
    08-11-2017 10:30 PM
    I've experienced a few reboots since I got my phone two months back.
    08-14-2017 11:08 PM
188 ... 678