S8 Real Review

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It was 18.5 minutes on an hour-long video. That's 1/3 of the time. You can spin it all you want, but 18 1/2 minutes of bad things about a phone isn't good at all.

No, you are the one that can keep spinning it to your liking to keep telling to yourself that you did the correct thing by returning your phone. I don't need that, as a grown man I take my own decisions, I don't need to see videos or people telling me what to do, or what is good or not.

BTW, did you really see the video and the "18 minutes" of the no likes? because if you did it, then you are not realizing how weak is your argument as the no likes are, price, FP magnet, no removable battery, Bixby Button, no IR sensor, FP sensor location, no stereo speaker and the same things that EVERYBODY should know already before buying the phone or since it was announced by Samsung last month. If you still bought it knowing all that, then the problem is not Samsung's, it's you.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
His real reviews are long... but he's being thorough and people that are thinking of buying and spending $900... I think they like the time went into it. I understand if you say too long. But too bad too long for you... he did say it was his daily driver over his Pixel XL so it's not because he hates the phone.

It was 18.5 minutes on an hour-long video. That's 1/3 of the time. You can spin it all you want, but 18 1/2 minutes of bad things about a phone isn't good at all.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
His real reviews are long... but he's being thorough and people that are thinking of buying and spending $900... I think they like the time went into it. I understand if you say too long. But too bad too long for you... he did say it was his daily driver over his Pixel XL so it's not because he hates the phone.
Thats what I'm talking about. I'd rather hear it how it is than to hear someone that's paid/sponsored tell me how good a product is.

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
No, you are the one that can keep spinning it to your liking to keep telling to yourself that you did the correct thing by returning your phone. I don't need that, as a grown man I take my own decisions, I don't need to see videos or people telling me what to do, or what is good or not.

BTW, did you really see the video and the "18 minutes" of the no likes? because if you did it, then you are not realizing how weak is your argument as the no likes are, price, FP magnet, no removable battery, Bixby Button, no IR sensor, FP sensor location, no stereo speaker and the same things that EVERYBODY should know already before buying the phone or since it was announced by Samsung last month. If you still bought it knowing all that, then the problem is not Samsung's, it's you.

Ok. Great. I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do, nor is Flossy, nor is anyone else. I don't know where that came from.

Good god, if anything negative is said about the S8s, it's like I personally insulted you. It's a phone, for heaven's sake.

If you've actually been following what I've been saying about the S8s, I never once talked about the lack of removable battery or the lack of IR sensor. And yes, the Bixby button is useless right now.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I never once complained that the video was too long.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Spoiler coming, you can sum up his super long video with a comment he made in the first couple of minutes. He said the pixel XL had been his favorite Android phone, now,"The Galaxy S8 Plus is my new favorite Android phone."
Nice...someone who pays attention to detail.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Spoiler coming, you can sum up his super long video with a comment he made in the first couple of minutes. He said the pixel XL had been his favorite Android phone, now,"The Galaxy S8 Plus is my new favorite Android phone."

Yeah, I heard that. But then he went into a long list of things he didn't like about the S8+ right after that. For 18 1/2 minutes.

And?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
...BTW, did you really see the video and the "18 minutes" of the no likes? because if you did it, then you are not realizing how weak is your argument as the no likes are, price, FP magnet, no removable battery, Bixby Button, no IR sensor, FP sensor location, no stereo speaker and the same things that EVERYBODY should know already before buying the phone or since it was announced by Samsung last month....

i love Flossy Carters reviews also (and especially White Shoes : ) but in regards to THIS phone i kinda don't get HOW he can give it a major "Go" when citing all the negatives. Yes, you MAY be well aware of them if you followed the announcement, but that doesn't prevent the feeling like, "this phone could have been so much better"...

At least for me, i returned mine due to about 50% of the negatives he stated, my MAIN one being the "fingerprint mess" it became within minutes. And i don't what's up with either the oleophobic coating (or lack there of) or the increased amount of polymers in GG5, but the S8 Plus was the FIRST Samsung phone that i encountered the front facing glass getting filled with fingerprints within seconds that were difficult for me to wipe off.

I'm usually in pretty much agreement with Flossy's Pros & Cons list, but i just don't get how he considers a $900$ phone that so many have so been eagerly awaiting...- (AND, might i add, this isn't just ANY flagship, in light of the Note 7 debacle, this should have, "set the bar" for 2017 & beyond going forward) How can have it have so many shortcomings and he score it so high?!

Flossy, has White Shoes been sharing his catnip with you?!

BTC

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
i love Flossy Carters reviews also (and especially White Shoes : ) but in regards to THIS phone i kinda don't get HOW he can give it a major "Go" when citing all the negatives. Yes, you MAY be well aware of them if you followed the announcement, but that doesn't prevent the feeling like, "this phone could have been so much better"...

At least for me, i returned mine due to about 50% of the negatives he stated, my MAIN one being the "fingerprint mess" it became within minutes. And i don't what's up with either the oleophobic coating (or lack there of) or the increased amount of polymers in GG5, but the S8 Plus was the FIRST Samsung phone that i encountered the front facing glass getting filled with fingerprints within seconds that were difficult for me to wipe off.

I'm usually in pretty much agreement with Flossy's Pros & Cons list, but i just don't get how he considers a $900$ phone that so many have so been eagerly awaiting...- (AND, might i add, this isn't just ANY flagship, in light of the Note 7 debacle, this should have, "set the bar" for 2017 & beyond going forward) How can have it have so many shortcomings and he score it so high?!

Flossy, has White Shoes been sharing his catnip with you?!

BTC

Because there is no perfect phone, regardless of price. If we all made phone purchase decisions based on negatives only, we'd never own a phone. Name any phone and I can tell you at least five things that annoy me, even though I still may love it.

You find a phone that gets the closest to what will work for you on the daily.

For some it will be Samsung, FPS be damned. For others it will be something else. That's how it always works.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
....If we all made phone purchase decisions based on negatives only, we'd never own a phone. ...

Hey Johnny! you speak the truth, for sure we wouldn't buy ANYTHING....

however, the point i'm making is that, "a phone THAT expensive shouldn't require so much compromise"...

And yes, i'm yakking about price YET AGAIN, but sheeesh, i'm still smartin' from the $230.00 charge on my credit card and the 30 bucks showing up on my EIP till T-Mo processes my return, so yeah, the price of the S8+'s cost is STILL the number one thing about it that bugs me. IF it just had a better casing that masked fingerprints and a killer (meaning BETTER than, "really good") camera i could have forgiven any of the, "shoulda woulda couldas" it didn't have, but for THAT price? ouch!

BTC

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I paid $800 total due to Best Buy promo and also got a good price for my Note 4 to offset the cost. $900 is a lot for a phone, no way to spin otherwise. 128gb iPhone 7+ is high too, so pricing not a Samsung exclusive. Man the Note 8 is probably going to be 'spensive.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Great. I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do, nor is Flossy, nor is anyone else. I don't know where that came from.

Good god, if anything negative is said about the S8s, it's like I personally insulted you. It's a phone, for heaven's sake.

If you've actually been following what I've been saying about the S8s, I never once talked about the lack of removable battery or the lack of IR sensor. And yes, the Bixby button is useless right now.
Now let's be fair.. if you criticize the iPhone on an iPhone board.. you normally get not so happy responses as well. Let's not pretend this is the first time this has ever happened ;).

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey Johnny! you speak the truth, for sure we wouldn't buy ANYTHING....

however, the point i'm making is that, "a phone THAT expensive shouldn't require so much compromise"...

And yes, i'm yakking about price YET AGAIN, but sheeesh, i'm still smartin' from the $230.00 charge on my credit card and the 30 bucks showing up on my EIP till T-Mo processes my return, so yeah, the price of the S8+'s cost is STILL the number one thing about it that bugs me. IF it just had a better casing that masked fingerprints and a killer (meaning BETTER than, "really good") camera i could have forgiven any of the, "shoulda woulda couldas" it didn't have, but for THAT price? ouch!

BTC

I guess I should have used the word "deal breaker". And deal breakers will be different depending on who you ask.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
He does mention often that the phone costs too much and mentions there are many great phones that can run with it but much lower price... But honestly the main reason I think it's because he's just enamored with the hot side chick body and build quality and also because of that little thing she does that his main chick don't... wit that retina ;)

Honestly, he mentioned reboots and constantly hitting the Bixby and other little annoyances... it'll be interesting to see if he continues to be rocking with it or goes back to his main chick and look forward to his opinions.

i love Flossy Carters reviews also (and especially White Shoes : ) but in regards to THIS phone i kinda don't get HOW he can give it a major "Go" when citing all the negatives.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
He does mention often that the phone costs too much and mentions there are many great phones that can run with it but much lower price... But honestly the main reason I think it's because he's just enamored with the hot side chick body and build quality and also because of that little thing she does that his main chick don't... wit that retina ;)

Honestly, he mentioned reboots and constantly hitting the Bixby and other little annoyances... it'll be interesting to see if he continues to be rocking with it or goes back to his main chick and look forward to his opinions.

Eh, he'll be on to the One Plus Five in another month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez